Chapter 21

Hello! I hope you guys liked the last part and I really hope that you like this one too! I'd also like to say that I always look for errors when I write but sometimes I miss them (heh) so that's why there may be some here and there...

--- --- --- --- --- ---

We've been sitting here, eating, for the last 30 minutes. No one hs said anything. It's kind of awkward. The only thing calming me down is Jake's hand on mine sometimes.

"Is everyone enjoying the food?" Ella asks.

"Yes, it's very delicious." Mom answers her.

"So... Hardin and Tessa. Long time no see." Jake's dad suddenly says.

Hardin's POV

'Long time no see'? What the fuck? Who does he think he is? I walk into his house after about 20 years and he says 'Long time no see'?

God this fucking guy annoys me.

"Yes. Very long." Tessa says and smiles. Why the fuck is she smiling? She should hate him.

"So... Zed. How did you meet Emma?" I ask him trying to make conversation.

"It's Ella. Not Emma. But it's okay Hardin. I know it can be hard sometimes." Zed says back.

"And what the fuck do you mean with that?" I practically yell at him and stand up.

"Nothing. Just that you basically take whatever you want and when you don't get it you take it from others."

Enough is fucking enough.

I go to his chair and grab him by his collar.

"If you don't shut up I'll do some things that I don't want my daughter and wife to see." I growl at him.

"Yeah? Like what Hardin?" He says leaning closer to me. And without hesitation my fist collides with his face.

"HARDIN!"

"DAD!"

I hear Tessa and Emery yell but I block it out. Another punch comes after another. He lands a punch but it doesn't even hurt.

"You punch like a fucking girl." I say, pleased that I have the upper hand here.

"Hardin stop!" Tessa grabs me by my arm. "Enough!" She continues.

Emery's POV

I can't believe this is happening! The first time my dad and mom meet Jake's parents. What the hell?

"Jake I'm so sorry. I didn't know this was going to happen! I-" I can't even hold back. The tears start coming down my cheeks and I feel so bad.

"Shortie it's okay. It's not your fault."

Yes it is. I told them to come here...

* * *

"No dad!" I say running up the stairs. "I don't want to hear it! You completely humiliated me in front of Jake and his family!" I scream.

"Emery I'm sorry. But you have to understand that Jake's dad, Zed, isn't a nice man. He tried to take your mother away from me and he tried to ruin our relationship just so that he could have her!" Dad tells me.

"I don't care! It's in the past. He's married now dad, and he has a son that I happen to like very much." I sit down on my bed exhausted after the fight with dad all the way from Jake's house to here.

"Think of Ella! Do you know how uncomfortable you and Zed made her?! I felt bad for her. She tried to invite us over so that she could get to know us and then you go and do something like this!" I just- Ugh! I can't even with him now!

"I'm so sorry. You know about my past and I'm better now but every time I see him something in me changes. And not for the good." He says and sits down on my bed too.

"Yeah... I just wish that you and Zed would've dealt with it differently. That's all."

"I know and I'm sorry. I'll be better." He says and hugs me. "We good?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say and smile. He walks out the door and closes it after him. My phone buzzes not even a second after that.

Jake: Hey. You okay?

Me: Yeah. Just talked to my dad. They had such a horrible story.

Jake: Yeah. I talked to mine too. I'm sorry shortie. I wanted this to be... Well better than what happened. At least my mom said that she liked you.

Me: Hahaha, I like her too.

Jake: What about me? ;)

Me: Oh no no. I'm not going to say it first.

Jake: You are so mature did you know that? (Sence my sarcasm.)

Me: Ha ha.

Jake: Fine... I like you Emery. I like you a lot.

Me: I like you too.

Auden's POV

"You have to ask them soon Auden." Oliver tells me.

"I know. I just don't know how they're going to deal with it."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, according to Emery, two weeks ago when my parents and she went to Jake's house my dad and Jake's dad got into a fight." I explain.

"A fight?! Why? Are they okay?" Oliver asks.

"Yeah, they're fine but apparently they had a ton of bad history together so... I'm kind of afraid to ask them."

Oliver takes my hand and squeezes it. "It'll be okay. I can even ask them if you want. They seem like good people Auden and my parents are good people as well. I want them to meet. We've been dating for almost a year now and they still haven't met."

"Well, no. But they've only known our relationship for a very short time." I laugh.

"True. But still. Can you ask them?" He asks me again. I don't want to disappoint him...

"Yeah. I'll ask now when I get home." I say and kiss him.

* * *

"Hey, mom and dad?" I say walking into the kitchen. Both turn around.

"Oh hi sweetie. I didn't know that you would be home so soon. I thought that you were going to stay at Oliver's longer so I didn't make food for you. But you can take something out and I'll cook it quickly." Mom says. She's literally the best mom. So kind and understanding. She'd do anything for me and Emery. Same for dad.

"I was wondering- Well, Oliver was wondering if you two could go to his house tonight for coffee to meet his parents?"

"FUCKING TREVOR!?"

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Hehehe, nice ending huh? I only hear Hero's voice from AWC, HAHAHA! But well well... See you next time.