Chapter 11

I'm back again! Sorry for not posting sooner I've just had so much going on with school now and my health isn't so good right now. I took the corona test and it came back negative but I'm still not feeling 100% like my old self. I really hope that you guys understand that. It takes time to write here and sometimes I'm not really in the mood to write. You may understand and you may not understand, hahaha. But well well, at least you'll get a new chapter now so.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

Zed? I have absolutely no idea who that is but so what? It's not like I know every person's dad or mom that goes to my school, hahaha. Maybe dad or mom knows him? No, how would they? And why would they? Well well, not enough time to think about that, I've got to go to school. No, I've got to get dressed. No, I've got to stop watching Grey's Anatomy and THEN I've got to get dressed. God... Get a grip of yourself Em.

"Hey Emery?" Auden walks into my room with his books in his hands. "Why aren't you dressed yet? The bus is going to be here in a few minutes."

"I know I know... Just give me five minutes."

"Three." He says and leaves my room for me to change. I choose a black t-shirt with a picture of an alien and under the alien it says 'I believe'. Not that I do... Or do I? I don't know. Anyway, on with the pants... Hmm, jeans or yoga pants? Yoga pants. I walk downstairs to get my bad and to say goodbye to dad in the kitchen.

"Bye dad." I say and kiss him on the cheek.

"Bye Eme-" He stops when he sees me. "Go up and change."

"What?"

"Go up and change. My daughter is not going to go to school with yoga pants okay? I know what guys are thinking at your age."

Is he serious?

"Dad it's just pants. Ad what are guys thinking?" I ask knowing the question but it's pretty fun bugging him.

"They just- It's not- They only want- Just change!" He says and I can't hold myself from laughter.

"Fine. But just this time." I say, walking back up to my room and changing to high waisted jeans instead. Not going to lie, I kind of like this look better. But I'm not going to say that to dad.

I walk back downstairs and say goodbye to dad a second time and just as I step out of the front door I see the bus driving by with Auden smiling and flipping me off through the window. And not even a second later I feel a raindrop on my head, and another one and another one. Great... Now I'm going to be late AND it's raining. I start walking the path to school and about 10 minutes later a car slows down next to me. I look into the car and guess who it is.

"Hey shortie." He winks.

"Hey Jake..."

"Missed the bus?" He asks.

"No. I just thought 'Hey Emery! Today looks like a nice day to take a walk in the rain to school.'" I look at him. "Yes. I missed the bus."

He stops the car, leans over to the other side and opens the passenger door.

"Get in."

I look at him. Why is he nice?

"I'm not waiting forever." He continues.

"Right. Sorry." I say and get into the car. "Thanks."

"No problem." He looks at me, still not driving.

"What?"

He points to the seatbelt and then points at me. "Not driving if you don't put that on. Don't want you to get hurt shortie."

"Are you saying that we're going to crash?" I ask him, laughing.

"No, but safety first." He leans over to me and takes the seatbelt and fastens it for me. He then brings his head up so that we're really close. Like REALLY close. We look into each other's eyes and sit like that for a few seconds until I tear away.

"Well it's on now. I think you can drive."

He looks at me for a few more seconds and then looks at the road. "Right. Yeah."

Driving to school is pretty quiet. But not the awkward type, just quiet. I kind of enjoy it, everybody needs some quiet time once in a while. And I certainly don't mind if my quiet time is with Jake. Should I though? I don't think so, it's just weird to think that I kind of enjoy spending time with him.

Little did I know though that the quiet time would end the second we entered the school. Everybody was looking at us. EVERYBODY. And not even three seconds later I started hearing whispers and seeing pointing. Great.

"Somebody got lucky this morning!" I hear someone scream from the back of the crowd. Omg... I walk as fast as I can to my locker where I see Ally.

"Did you come here with Jake?" She asks the second she sees me.

"How did you-how? I JUST got to school, how did you know?"

"My friend Casper heard it from his friend Jennifer who texted her brother Luke who then went to his girlfriend and said it to her and she went to Ella and said it to her and then Ella said it to Ricky and Ricky said it to me."

"Oh. That's all?" I sarcastically ask.

"No, when I heard it I said it to my lab partner Ne-"

"Okay! I get it. Well, actually I don't get it. Why is this such a big deal? I just came to school with Jake. So what?"

"Omg! Is it true that you came with Jake this morning?" A person behind me asks, I turn around and see a girl.

"Ehh, yeah..."

"And you kissed?" Another one comes.

"No we-"

"Did you have sex?" Another one.

Dear God...

--- --- --- --- --- ---

So that's it for this chapter! SO SO SO thankful that I finally uploaded! Hahaha, it's been quite a while. But as I said up there, these weeks have not been easy for me or my anxiety. It's just somethings that take some tike and you've just got to let it take time. And as I've said before my health and school are my top priorities right now, but this book is also very important to me.

I actually got offered a contract for this book by another site so it's going very well, hahaha. But bye for this time, see you soon!