Chapter 55

Emery's POV

"Well you're definitely not driving it, and don't worry, I've had my driver's license for a while now." I say as I struggle to take Jake outside. "Will you walk faster? You're very heavy."

"Correction. I'm very muscular."

"Ugh... Just straighten your back and take steady steps." We keep walking and finally make it outside. He seems a bit less drunk and I hope that the fresh air will help him.

But about two seconds after I think that he throws up... On the both of us.

"Jake!" I push him to the side and look at my shirt. It's covered in vomit. I look over at him and he's throwing up again. Dear God... This is going to be harder than I thought. After the third time he threw up he said that he was fine so we went to his car.

"I know this is your car and that I shouldn't care but please try to not throw up in here." I say as I drive out of the parking lot. But then it hit me. "I have no idea where you live." He takes his phone out and after some time he shows me an address on the GPS, he has a phone holder in his car so I take the phone and put it there.

It takes about 10 minutes to drive to his apartment and once there he tells me where to park. I step out and walk over to his door, opening it and helping him to get to the doorway of the apartment building.

I let him go and turn around. "Where are you going?" He says and sits down on a bench by the door.

"Home." I answer. "And don't sit here, go to the elevator."

"Not now. Everything's spinning." He says. "Plus you can't leave me here. You have to help me get into the apartment."

"You have your fiancé for that, if you want I can call her down so she can help-"

"We don't live together." He abruptly says.

They don't live together? But they're engaged. As in to be married. And they don't live together? Maybe there's a reason, maybe she has a sick mom or dad and has to stay home and take care of them? Cause how can you not live with someone you're engaged to? And especially Jake. I couldn't have stayed away even if-

No...

No.

Bad thoughts. Why am I thinking of that? Not even one hour with him and he's already messing up my head.

"Are you going to help me or stay in those thoughts of yours?"

"Right, yeah ehm sorry." I walk over to him and help him up from the bench.

"You stink."

"And who's fault is that?" I say and click on the button for the elevator. He raises his hands in defense and suddenly his expression changes. "No! You're not throwing up again!" I frantically look around the lobby for something he can throw up in.

He then places a hand on my shoulder. "I'm f- I'm fine. Just get me to my apartment quickly." He does not look fine but I do as he says. He lives on the seventh floor and he struggles a while with the keys before the door opens. I offered to help him but he wanted to do it himself saying, "My apartment, my opening the door." It didn't make much sense but he's drunk.

The second the door opened he went straight in and I heard a door shut. Probably the bathroom. All the vomiting aside, the apartment looks amazing! Very modern och open.

Once you enter the apartment you're facing the living room, which by the way has windows from floor to ceiling, a big tv on the wall with two couches and one armchair. There's a small table by the couches and a bookshelf on the wall by the window, which is also by the way from floor to ceiling. When you then take a right turn you're looking at the open kitchen which has dark brown cabinets with white details, a big refrigerator, and a big freezer, the oven, and stove look amazing and there's a huge window above the sink. Between the living room and the kitchen, there's a small eating area with a table and four chairs. When you take a left from the living room there's a big room and a staircase to the left wall. The door to the room on this floor is locked so that's probably the bathroom where Jake is. I quietly make my way upstairs, don't want him to think I'm snooping around, and there's a small hallway and two rooms opposite to each other. Very bravely I open the door to the left and this is probably Jake's room, looks like it. The other room is a home office. A very nice one.

Overall... This is my dream apartment.

After thinking about it, Jake's been in the bathroom for a long time. I make my way to the door and knock softly. "Jake? Are you okay?"

Nothing.

I knock a little louder. "Jake! Can you unlock the door so-"

And with that, I hear a click and I push the door open. I know I should put my attention on Jake but this bathroom is insane! The colors are the same as the kitchen, dark brown with white details. Along the entire back wall, there's a shower with glass sliding doors AND a place to sit! You can sit in the shower! This is next-level rich. On the right side of the bathroom, there's a huge cabinet with two sinks and an enormous mirror over them. On the right wall, there's the toilet and in the corner, there are some shelves. And even-

"Can you help me get up?" Jake interrupts my thoughts, he's sitting on the floor by the toilet an-

...

He's shirtless.

And boy did he not lie when he said that he was muscular.

Did not lie at all...

Jesus! Emery! Get a grip of yourself!

I shake my thoughts away and help him stand. Well, stand for two seconds before sitting on the toilet.

"Not so fast, everything's spinning and you're too loud." He says, rubbing his temples.

"I'm just trying to help-"

"Could you bring me an aspirin and a glass of water? The glasses are in the cabinet next to above the water thing."

"The sink?"

"Yes, that. And the aspirin is there." He says and points to the shelf. I find the box and give it to him before walking to the kitchen. The glasses weren't too hard to find and I fill one up with water from a water bottle I grabbed from the refrigerator.

Back in the bathroom, Jake has now moved to the floor again. I hand him the glass and he swallows the pill. Putting the glass on the sink I help him up again. "What happened to your shirt?" I ask.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

These chapters don't take me a long time at all to write. The flow is back and I'm loving it, even if it's way past midnight. Oops, hahah.