Chapter 43

Emery's POV 

Andrea and Ally walk right into the room and I'm behind them but before I can enter Jake grabs ahold of my arm and closes the door to my room. We're now alone in the hallway.

I yank my arm away from his hold. "What do you want? If Mr. McPelt catches us we'll be in trouble. It's past curfew."

"What happened at the restaurant?" He asks, arms crossed.

"What happened? You tell me."

"What?"

"Don't play stupid. I-"

"Miss Scott and Mr. Evans, what are you doing up? You should be in your rooms!" Mr. McPelt comes out of nowhere. I nod and walk into my room without looking at Jake. 

Andrea and Ally are asleep so I don't have to explain everything to them. They must've been really tired. Well, I'm not going to lie, so am I. I change out of my clothes and put on my pajamas and the second my head hits the pillow I'm sound asleep. 

But the second I wake up I remember that I have to do an escape room with him... I'm not excited at all. I mean, escape rooms are fun I guess. You get to test your abilities to solve riddles and they do it in such a fun way. But being in that room all alone with him is just not what I imagined. I'd much rather do it will Ally or Andrea. 

But life is life. You have to move on even if it's shitty.

Ally and Andrea wake up about 20 minutes after me. They're going to do the escape room tomorrow so I think they'll just go shopping today.

If I remembered correctly, Jake and I were in escape room 18 and that was one o'clock so I still have some time before that.

Ally, Andrea and I get dressed and head down to eat some breakfast. The buffet here is amazing. They have everything from waffles to sausages to fruits. I never want to leave this room. All of us pile up our plates and find a table to sit at. It's pretty hard since almost every student is in here, but we manage to find something. I start with the waffles, they're so soft and fluffy. I can just die happy now.

After about an hour all of us are done and the clock is only ten. We decide to head up to our rooms and watch something on TV. I know, we come all the way to New York City and all we do is lay in our beds and watch TV. But you can't blame us. Our feet still hurt from yesterday and I have to rest before my escape room.

We browse through the channels and finally land on Speed. How can anyone say no to Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock? It's so good from beginning to end. And when it finally does end and they kiss... That feeling is just wow.

When the movie ends it leaves me approximately one hour before it's time for my escape room. We just spend the time talking about college (for the two of them) and other future plans. Like how I plan to travel. Especially to England. I have to see grandma, it's been so long. And England seems like a pretty interesting country too, with all the history and culture. I really think I'll enjoy it.

My thoughts are interrupted by my alarm that I put on my phone.

I press snooze, wanting to snooze my life but it doesn't really work like that. Ally pushes me off the bed and basically out the door.

"You have to go. Call us when you're done. Bye!" She says and closes the door on my face. Thanks. 

I press the button on the elevator and wait. My waiting however is cut short by another door opening. His.

He sees me and looks away. Ouch. But fine. If he wants to play that game, so can I. The doors to the elevator open up and we both enter, still quiet. And we remain quiet the whole way down. And in the lobby. And on the bus. And at the entrance to the escape room.

"Hello! Mr. Evans and Miss Scott?" A young man asks. I nod and give him a smile which Jake scoffs at. What's his problem?

"Perfect! The escape room is this way but please leave your jackets and phones in these boxes." We do as he says and walk over to a door.

"That's a very lovely shirt, Miss Scott." He says and puts his hand on the door handle. I say a quiet thank you and look away. He goes on to explain all the rules. Things we can't touch since they're not part of the game and so on. "Any other questions?" 

"No, you explained it pretty well. I think we got it." I smile.

"Great. May I ask, are you a couple?" 

"Ehh... No." I answer and try my best to smile.

"Good to know." He says and looks me up and down. This is getting creepy. Without saying anything else he opens the door and closes it after us.

"Good to know? The guy has a fucking death wish." Jake mutters as we enter. 

There are two rooms. This is a smaller room that leads into a bigger one but to get in there we have to solve the riddles in here to open the door.

"Look, I know that we're not talking but we'll have to try to get over that now. I'll start looking over here and you'll start there. Tell me if you find anything." I say and start looking around.

"Whatever you say, Miss Scott."

"Miss Scott?"

"He called you that, why can't I?" 

"Because we're... We used to- Fine. Tell me if you find anything, Mr. Evans." I catch a glimpse of him smiling before I go back to my things. I can't decide what's up with him. He's stubborn and cold one second and the other he makes jokes and smiles. Mood change much?

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Thoughts? 

I kind of have a huge twist coming soon.

Hehe...