Chapter 52

Auden's POV 

Thursday 

It's time. I'm freaking out.

"Emery!" I yell with no response. "EMERY!" She runs into my room with wide eyes.

"What?! Is everything okay? Are you hurt or something?" She's out of breath, worried too.

"No, just need help with what tie I should wear." 

Her face drops. "I- I'm going to kill you. I thought you were hurt or something!" She hits my arm.

"I'm not! I just- I need help okay? This is the biggest, most important night of my life and I don't want to mess it up." I say and sit down on my bed. She joins me.

"Auden you have nothing to worry about. Oliver absolutely loves you and he will say yes. Believe me. I haven't seen a couple be so in love as you two. And you know what. If he happens to say no, IF, I promise to... God this is hard, I promise to never ever in my life watch Star Wars again. THAT'S how sure I am that he'll say yes." I laugh.

"Yeah, you're probably right. It's all in my head I guess. I just want to make it perfect for him. He deserves the world." He really does, I have no idea what I would do without him. 

"Why don't you go and put on the suit and I'll stay here and look over the ties?" I nod and grab my suit and head to the bathroom, might as well fix my hair.

The suit I'm wearing is light gray and I think my brown shoes will look good with it. I put the suit on and look at myself in the mirror. What the hell should I do with my hair? I think maybe just a bit of gel will do it. When I'm finished I walk back to my rooms and Emery gasps when she sees me.

"Omg, you look so... grown-up." She laughs. "But I did find a tie that I think will match!" She shows me a dark blue tie that I actually forgot I had. 

"This will be perfect!" I say and take it when I hear a knock on my door. It's open and I can see dad leaning against the doorframe. "May I?" He asks and takes the tie out of my hands and places it around my neck. Emery smiles and leaves us, walking downstairs.

"I know I'm not exactly the type of dad that usually shows so many emotions but I am proud of you Auden." He proceeds to tie the tie. "And I am glad that you found someone that makes you happy. Even though it might be... Trevor's boy, I'm glad."

"Thanks, dad." I say and look at myself in the mirror. He follows my eyes.

"When did you guys grow up? It feels like only yesterday you and Emery would fight over your toys." He smiles.

"We still fight, and we will probably continue to fight for years so nothing to worry about." I smile and he laughs.

I say goodbye to everyone and just as I'm about to step through the door mom stops me. "Hey, ehm... I'm happy for you, and stay calm, he'll know if something's up otherwise. I didn't want to bring this up in front of your father but he was so nervous when he was going to propose I actually thought he was breaking up with me." She laughs. "So just stay calm and try not to frighten him. He loves you, keep that in mind." She hugs me. "And he'll say yes."

"Thanks, mom." I kiss her on the cheek and continue walking. 

We decided to meet at the restaurant and I'm the first to get there. I walk up to the woman at the desk. "Hi! I have a reservation for two, it's under the name Scott." She checks the computer and then nods. "Yes! Anne will take you to your table, she will also be your waitress for the evening." The other woman smiles at me and gestures for me to follow her. The table I got is amazing, it's right by the window and outside there's a beautiful garden. 

I wait for about five minutes before I see him, he's dressed in a dark red suit, the color looks amazing on him. He sees me and starts to walk towards the table. I wasn't nervous but with every step he takes, my heart starts beating faster. I need to calm down, don't want to scare him off.

"Hey!" He's here and kisses me. "You look beautiful."

"So do you." I say and pull out his chair so he can sit. I go to my chair and the waitress, Anne,  comes and gives us the menu.  We both thank her and start looking through them.

"The pasta sounds amazing." Oliver says.

"It really does, the cauliflower soup too." My leg starts bouncing up and down and my breathing quickens by the second. 

"You okay?"  He asks. Shit, he looks worried.

"Yeah! Fine! I mean I'm fine! I'm- I'm good." I say way too quickly and smile. My eyes drop down to the menu before I can see his reaction. 

"Have you guys decided on what to order?" Anne comes back with a small tablet. 

"Yes! I will take the pasta of the day and he will take the cauliflower soup I think. Or?" He looks at me. Now she's looking at me too. 

"Yepp, soup good. I mean, the soup will be good." Jesus fucking Christ. I turn my attention to Oliver. "Will you excuse me for a moment? I need to use the restroom." I nervously laugh.

"Yeah, of course." He smiles, worries hiding behind his eyes. Fuck. 

I get up and the second my foot hits the floor of the restroom I walk over to the sink and splash cold water on my face. 

Get a grip of yourself Auden.

Can't fuck it up.

You love him.

You love him.

I love him! Why am I even freaking out? I know he will say yes! Of course, he will. 

When I decide to leave the room I open the door and hear two women talking in the women's restroom.

"I can't believe he broke up with me! Why would he do that?!" Oh no... Is this a sign? 

I walk back to the restroom and grab my phone from my pocket. 

It feels like an eternity but after a few seconds Emery picks up.

--- --- --- --- --- --- 

Well... Heh, cutting it off there.

Sorry not sorry, hahaha.