Chapter 22

Hello and welcome back to yet another chapter! I hope that you liked, no, loved the previous and I hope you'll love this just as much! Or more, hehe. But enough about this and on with the story!

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Hardin's POV

You've got to be fucking kidding me! Two assholes in such a short period of time? Fuck no.

"Yes of course!" Tessa says. Is she crazy?

"No. No no no no. First we meet Jake's parents. Zed, the idiot who never fucking grew up. And now this? He actually wants us to meet fucking Trevor? No. Too much." I say back to Tessa.

"Dad it would mean so much to me and Oliver. He really wants you to meet them and I want to make him happy and this makes him happy so please." He practically begs me. I hate to see my son like this.

"Fine." I say and give in. He thanks us and leaves.

On my way out of the kitchen Tessa stops me. "Hardin there's something I have to tell you."

"Can't it wait? I've got to do the laundry before we go."

"No, it's pretty urgent." She says. She looks weird. Something's off.

"Well, what is it?" I ask and we hear the door open and Emery walks into the kitchen.

"Oh, ehh. It can wait." Tessa says and practically runs up to the bathroom. What the fuck?

Auden's POV

"Are you ready? We have to go!" I yell from outside.

"Dad! Tell mom to hurry!" I yell to him. Why is she taking so long?

"Tessa come on! We have to go. They're waiting!" Dad yells and looks into the house looking for her.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! A woman needs time to get ready and you men just have to wait." She says smilingly while getting into the car.

Dad starts driving and after about 25 minutes we're there. Oliver is waiting for us outside the door and smiles up when he sees me. I do the same.

"Hello! Welcome to our house Mr. and Mrs. Scott!" He says, clearly being nervous.

"Please Oliver, call us Hardin and Tessa." Mom says.

"Did I hear the names Hardin and Tessa?" Oliver's dad pops his head out of the door and looks at me and then my parents.

"Long time no see huh?" He continues.

"Yeah." Dad answers quickly. Okay?

"It's been so long! How have you been?" Mom asks him.

"Why don't we go inside and continue this talk?" Oliver's dad laughs.

When all of us are inside we take our seats around the coffee table.

"I've been good to answer your previous question Tessa." Trevor says.

"Hello! You must be Auden's parents. I'm Laura, Oliver's mom and Trevor's wife." Laura comes along and greets everyone.

"Pleasure to meet you." Mom says and smiles. "So how did you two meet?" She asks.

"Well, I met Trevor on a vacation in Paris. We were staying in the same hotel and one night I was sitting in the hotel bar when he came up to me and said that he had seen me around and that he thought I was beautiful. He said that he'd been watching me for days and just couldn't get me out of his mind." Laura finishes.

"Fucking stalker." I think my dad whispers.

"What?" Laura asks.

"Nothing. I coughed." Dad says and smiles.

"Speaking of bars. What would you like to drink?" Trevor asks.

"I'll have a beer if you have that." Dad says.

"I have my soda here." I say and point at my drink.

"Tessa?"

"Oh, water will be fine." She says.

"Are you sure?" Trevor asks.

"Yeah." She smiles back.

"Are you sure? Just water?" Dad leans into her and asks.

"Yes. One of us has to drive back." She smiles.

* * *

Tessa's POV

"Goodnight Auden." I tell him as he walks up the stairs.

"Goodnight mom, dad." He says and goes into his room.

"Babe?" Hardin says and walks up to me.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? You've been acting weird all day. No. Not just today. All week. What's going on?" He sounds so worried. How am I going to tell him?

"I'm fine. There's just something that happened. Ehh... I don't really know how to tell you..." I say nervously.

"What is it? You're scaring me..."

God...

"I'm-"

"Mom?" Emery's voice is heard from the front door.

"Emery? I thought you were home?"

"No. I was at Jake's." She replies. "Is everything okay? The tension here is pretty weird..."

"Yes. Everything is okay. Why don't you go to bed? It's pretty late." I say back to her and she nods.

"Goodnight mom and dad." And she's gone.

"So? You wanted to tell me something?" Hardin says after a long silence.

"Yes. So, do you remember that day about three weeks ago when the kids were at your mom's house?" I ask as he immediately smirks.

"Yes." He says and drags me to him.

"Well. Apparently we weren't very... Protective of things..."

"What? I'm very lost now. What do you mean not pro-"

"Hardin I'm pregnant."

Hardin's POV

What?

No.

What?

No.

...what?

"So you're... With a... And we... WHAT?!"

"Hardin I didn't know how to tell you. I've known for a few days now and I- I don't know what to-" She says, breaking down in tears.

"No no no. Tessa. Come on. Don't cry. Not now, the kids will hear you. Come." I take her hand in mine and we walk into our bedroom where she sits down on the bed.

"Hardin I just don't know what to do. I thought that we were past the diapers and pacifiers and pukes and crying and-"

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Hehehe... 'Why not end it there?' I thought. The next chapter will continue directly after this one. Again, hehehe. Sorry.