Chapter 72

Jake's POV

Where is she? It's been 25 minutes, did something happen to her? Maybe there was traffic. I grab my phone from my pocket and press her number.

"Hi, you've reached Emery Scott. I can't come to the phone right now but-"

Shit. I'm getting fucking nervous now. I try one more time.

"Hi, you've reached Emery Scott. I can't come-"

Emery, please... Be okay.

I press Tessa's number, hopefully, she knows something.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Hi, this is Jake."

"Oh, hi Jake! How are you?"

"I'm good. Have you heard anything from Emery?"

"No, last thing I heard was that she was going to your place. Why, did something happen?"

"No, she's just not here yet and she won't answer her phone."

"She's probably stuck in traffic, and she never checks her phone while driving. Don't worry, she'll probably be there in a few minutes."

"Yeah... Yeah, you're right. Sorry to have bothered you."

"No problem at all. It shows that you care, I like that."

"Thank you for your help."

"Call me if anything happens okay?"

"Will do, goodbye."

"Goodbye!"

I hang up feeling a little better. She's just stuck in traffic and she hasn't checked her phone. That's it. Definitely. She's okay. Stuck in traffic. Hasn't checked her phone. She's fine. Totally fine.

One more time won't hurt.

"Hi, you've reached Emery Scott-"

For fucks sake! No, something's off. She would have answered by now. She would've- 

I hear sirens from the news on the tv, walking over there in fast steps I turn the volume up.

"-got help. We've got news that one more body has been recovered. That's three people confirmed. The road has been closed off and the three vehicles involved are being carefully looked through. Some sources-"

No no no no. That's the road Emery takes. 

FUCK! I start pacing back and forth, my heart beating against my chest, it hurts so much. Where the fuck is she? I swear to God, I'm not losing her-

"What's going on? You okay?" I snap my head towards the sound and that's when I see her. In the split of a second, I have her in my arms, holding her so hard, I need to make sure she's actually here. That she's actually with me.

"Jake? You're hurting me." I quickly let go of her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I just- Why didn't you answer your phone?!" I say, grabbing her cheeks. Slowing my breathing a bit. "Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"Wh- It's dead, I forgot to charge it back home, I'm sorry." She leans her forehead against mine. "Jake, what's going on? Your heart's beating like crazy."

"There was an accident. You didn't answer your phone Emery, you didn't answer your phone..."

"Oh... Jake, I'm sorry, I didn't even think about that. I saw the accident when I got there but the road was already closed off so I had to take a different route and it took longer to get here. I'm sorry, but I'm fine." 

I hug her again, gently this time, burrowing my face in her neck. The smell of her hair is another confirmation that she's actually here, God I love this smell. 

"I don't want to lose you."

"You won't. Hey-" She grabs my face, "You won't. I'm here, I'm with you. And I also have no intention of dying anytime soon." She chuckles.

"Emery it's not funny. I'd go crazy without you. I can't imagine it."

"And we don't have to. We're both here, we're both alive. And I'm also hungry, so can we please eat?"

I nod, letting out a sigh, "Yeah, we can eat."

"Good. Do you have any food?"

She lets go of me but I still hold onto her hand, definitely not letting her go now. She opens my fridge and starts looking through it. "Jake, it's quite hard to do this with one hand."

"Too bad." I smile, "Get used to it."

She chuckles, "I think this will be easy to get used to. Being touched by you."

"You call this being touched by me? Oh, sweetheart, you have no idea." I smirk.

"No? Show me then." She moves closer to me, her mouth almost touching mine, teasing me.

I pick her up with ease, she immediately wraps her legs around my waist. "I do have one rule in this apartment."

"Is that so?"

"Yes." 

She leans closer, kissing my cheek then the corner of my mouth. "What is it?"

"No teasing." I slam her back against the fridge, crashing my lips on hers. Her hands move up to my hair, pulling my head back, deepening the kiss. I kiss her like there's no tomorrow, like I can lose her at any moment. 

 I place her on the kitchen counter, pulling her shirt off in one swift move. Fuck, she's beautiful. Her hands grab the edge of my t-shirt, pulling that off too. We're both panting, breathing so quickly. 

"Pants. Off." She says into my mouth, I smile against hers and unzip my pants. 

"You too." I say and she wiggles out of hers, letting them drop by my feet. I place my hand over her underwear, "You're already wet." I smile. 

"You're already hard." She says and grabs my boxers. Fuck. I groan loudly as her hand slips under the material and grabs my length, starts stroking it up and down.

"I won't last long if you keep doing that."

"Then make sure I finish just as quick." I slip my hand under her underwear and push one finger into her, making her moan into my mouth. This is turning me on more than anything. Pushing into her again and again, feeling her all around my finger, I can't take it. I need all of her. 

I pick her up and head to our bedroom. Placing her on the bed, I remove her underwear completely, removing all of my clothes as well. Seeing her lying there, all naked and wanting me, it's doing things to me. How can she affect me so much? So fucking hot.

"Are you going to stare at me och fuck me?" 

I smile and get on the bed on top of her. Our lips meet again, more desperately and eager than before. Her hand finds its way back to where it was before, stroking me up and down. "Fuck, Emery..." She quickly flips us over so she's on top, then lowers herself to my stomach. She starts kissing me, leaving a trail from my breast down to just above my dick. She lingers there, leaving small kisses. "No, no teasing." I say, I need this. 

She smiles then takes me in her mouth. Jesus Christ, what is she doing to me? It feels so good. So fucking good. It's embarrassing how fast I'm going to cum. I grab her face to pull her up to me, kissing her. 

Flipping us over again I finally push into her. Both of us moaning in pleasure at the feeling. Thrusting faster and faster I can feel her body reacting to mine. She's close, good. 

"Oh my God, Jake!" She groans, her fingers pressing into my back. The pleasure is something else. It's never been like this. 

"Say that you love me." I say, thrusting faster.

"I- I love you." With that and one final thrust, we both moan with satisfaction. I feel her ragged and fast breathing against my mouth. 

I kiss her again, "Welcome home."

--- --- --- --- --- --- 

Oof... Love them.