Chapter 63

Auden's POV

It's my wedding day. 

IT'S MY WEDDING DAY.

By the end of the day, Oliver and I will be married. He'll be my husband. My husband. Shit, when did I grow up? Can't believe this is happening.

Snap out of it Auden. Time to start my day. Where's my checklist? I put it on the ta- Ah, here it is.

- Wedding Checklist - 

Step 1. Take a shower and shave

Step 2:  Have breakfast

Step 3: Get ready, clothes

Step 4: Get ready, hair

Step 5: Sit down and breathe

Step 6: Double-check the checklist

Step 7: Check up on everyone

Step 8: Get to church

Step 9: Don't cry

Step 10: Become a husband to Oliver

Right, have a shower. I put the list on my nightstand table and head to the bathroom. By the looks of it, everyone's up already. I hear plates being put on the table and voices downstairs, mom's definitely up that's for sure. 

Once inside, I lock the door and remove my shorts. the water feels like heaven on my body. I'm so tense I need a massage, but no time for that today. The shower takes me about ten minutes, when I'm done I wrap a towel around my waist and start shaving the beard, there's barely anything there but I feel even fresher after the shave. Better to look somewhat better than to not do anything at all.

Step 1. Take a shower and shave ✔️

Time for breakfast. I quickly head to my room and put on a new pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Once I'm ready I head downstairs. Everyone's staring at me from the kitchen.

"My baby's getting married!" Mom screams and throws herself at me. "I can't believe it! Where did the time go?" Already tears spilling from her eyes. 

"Mom calm down, I'm not dying." I laugh. "I'll still be here." She smiles and wipes the tears away. Emery and Jaelyn are sat next to each other with sandwiches on their plates. Dad is sitting at the right end of the table, mom joins next to him and I take my usual spot. 

"So, how are you feeling?" Emery asks.

"Nervous as hell. But excited too. It's a weird feeling. Like I'm so scared, but in a good way." I look at mom and dad. "Did you feel like this too?"

"I was shitting myself when I was getting married to her." Dad says and laughs. "But it was all worth it."

I nod. Of course, it's worth it, it's Oliver. He's worth everything.

We eat breakfast in peace and also relatively quickly since mom can't stop reminding everyone of the time. She's a bit too excited.