Chapter 10

!READ PLEASE!

I wrote this story on my Instagram first and some of you have come from there to continue to read it here but some of you haven't seen my Instagram and come directly here to read this first so I ask those of you from my Instagram not to spoil anything! Be kind and don't ruin it for someone else.

Buuuut I'm back! I feel like I'm getting worse and worse at writing here, hahaha. But school is really tuff now that it's the last year of high school and my main focus is on that and my homework (obviously). BUT I'll try to be better at writing here and I definitely want to post at least one time a week (if not more). Anyway, on with the chapter and I hope you like it! :)

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

"DAAAAAD!" I yell. How could he do this?!

"Yes, Em?" He opens my door.

"Oh don't you call me 'Em'. Did you write to Jake yesterday from MY phone?"

"Ehh... Maybe." He rubs his neck.

"'Maybe'? Dad I can see it on my phone! The messages are still here!" I say and show him the phone.

"Well... Ehh-you can't prove that that was me."

"'Her name is Emery. And no. It's her dad. It's Mr. Scott to you.' You're telling me that that isn't you?!"

"God. You've got your mom's temper..."

"Excuse me?" Mom enters the room. "She's got her mom's what?" She stares at my dad.

"Oh, I didn't-I just... You look beautiful." He smiles and gives her a kiss.

"Go. I need to talk to her alone. Woman to woman."

"Fine fine. I'm sorry Em." He smiles and leaves.

"Sit." Mom says and the two of us sit down.

"Look, your dad can be very... Annoying sometimes. BELIEVE me." She laughs. "But he's just trying to protect you honey. He doesn't want anyone to hurt you."

"Okay I get that." I sigh. "But to actually take my phone and message Jake is something else. He can't do that again mom."

"I know... I'll talk to him. But don't be too harsh on him-"

"I'm just protecting my little girl." Dad walks in and interrupts mom.

"Were you eavesdropping on us?" Mom stands up and asks.

"You've known me for a lot of years Tess, you should already know the answer to that question." He smiles.

"Look dad, it's okay and I understand that you don't want anyone to hurt me. But for the love of God, please don't do it again." I laugh.

"I won't." He says and hugs me.

"Food?" Mom says.

"Yes!" Dad runs downstairs as mom and I laugh.

"You coming?" Mom asks.

"No, I'm actually going over to Ally's. I won't be there long though, we're just going over some...ehh- school stuff."

"'School stuff'? Or Jake stuff?"

"Maybe both but not so much the first one as the second one so basically just the second one. Yeah." I laugh.

"Okay honey. Have fun." She kisses me on my forehead and goes down to dad and Auden.

I arrive at Ally's house about 15 minutes later and for the first hour we talk about the same topic.

"Wait wait wait wait. So he asked you out for coffee and you understood that as him asking you to the prom?"

"Yes..."

"And when you said yes to go to prom with him, he didn't correct you?"

"No..."

"So he asked you on a coffee date, you basically asked him to prom and you're both fine with this?" She rubs her head, not understanding any of this.

"Yeah..."

"Okay then. I guess you're going to prom together." She says and I nod.

"Yeey..."

"Yeey, not going to be awkward at all." I add.

"Well it's not going to be awkward if you two don't make it awkward."

"Hahaha, true." We both laugh. "Look, I told mom that I wouldn't be here for so long so I should probably head back."

"Okay, see you tomorrow." We say goodbye and a few minutes later I'm in my bed again thinking about maybe texting Jake. Well, not maybe. I do text him.

Me: Jake?

Jake: Shortie? Is it you?

Me: Yeah. I'm so so sorry. My dad took my phone when I wasn't looking.

Jake: Yeah... Funny guy your dad.

Me: I'm sorry. Although it was kind of cute.

Jake: What?

Me: That you told him stuff so that we could go to prom.

Jake: First of all, it wasn't cute okay? I don't do cute. Second, I only did that because my dad was with me and apparently they knew each other.

Me: What? They did? How do you know?

Jake: My dad kept saying how your dad stole someone named Tessa from him.

Me: Tessa? That's my mom.

Jake: Holy shit. For real?

Me: Ehh yeah.

Jake: Well... Didn't see that coming.

Me: Me neither. What's his name?

Jake: Who's?

Me: Your dad's?

Jake: Zed.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

So that's it for this chapter! I feel like I finish every chapter with that sentence, hahaha. But some updates: I took the Corona test yesterday (through the nose) and OMG it was so freaking uncomfortable and kind of painful. I felt it on the top of my head for about an hour after I took it, but don't worry, the doctor called about a day after I took the test and said that it was negative so I don't have Corona. And I hope that no one of you guys has it nor someone in your family. Stay safe!