Chapter 47

Emery's POV 

His hands are all over me. They move from my hair down to my neck, cupping my breasts and eventually finding their way in between my thighs. 

I kiss his jawline and move down to his neck. "Fuck, Emery." He breaths out and tilts his head back. I move up to his mouth again and he kisses me with such force. I do the same. My hands travel all over his body and land on his pants. I can feel his erection through his jeans and I smile knowing that I too have power over him.

"Someone's ready." I say playfully and grip harder.

"Emery, don't-" He starts but pauses to breathe. I can see that he's struggling to stand up. "Fuck, I'd kill someone to be back at the hotel right now." 

To be honest? Same. I don't really want to do it in a toilet room in some cafe when- Omg.

I push Jake off of me and stand up. 

"We can't do this! Martina and Antonio are sitting outside and waiting." I say, he realizes too that we may have spent a little too long in here.

"Right." We look at each other.

"We should go." I say and he nods.

"You go first, I'm going to need a minute." Yes, he is. 

I touch myself up, fixing my hair and so on and then I walk out. I tell Martina and Antonio that there was a line and that's why it took us so long. They buy it and go back to talking. After a few minutes, Jake comes back and takes his seat. They don't seem to notice straight away and keep talking. 

"That was pretty fun." He leans in and whispers. 

"Stop. Not now." I say. He just sips his coffee and smirks. 

I get a message in my phone and pick it up to read it.

Ally: Hey! What have you been up to?

Me: Not a lot. Sitting in a cafe right now and drinking a chai latte.

Ally: Alone?

Me: No... I'm actually here with Jake, the waitress he was talking with and the waiter I was talking with.

Ally: ...what?

Me: Yeah... Not awkward at all.

Ally: Why? I mean- Why?

Me: It was her idea. The waitress, Martina, suggested that we all go out on a double date.

Ally: Weird. Don't they know your history?

Me: No. We haven't really gotten there yet and I hope that we don't have to.

Ally: Okay. Andrea and I are about to do our escape room in twenty minutes so I just wanted to check up on you.

Me: Good luck. You're going to feel like a moron in there. My brain actually hurt from all the thinking we did.

Ally: Hahaha. I'm sure we'll be fine. 

Me: Yeah. Oh! I do have one thing to say to you but it's more of a face-to-face thing.

Ally: Emery! You can't write something like that and expect me to wait all day! What is it?

Me: It's really a face-to-face thing.

Ally: Emery!

Me: Fine! I kind of kissed Jake in the bathroom...

Ally: WHAT

Me: Well, no. Actually, he kissed me.

Ally: WHAT

Me: Yeah... And we touched, a lot.

Ally: WHAT

Me: Is that all you can say?

Ally: Sorry, I mean WHAT THE FUCK

Me: ...

Ally: Okay. Spill the tea.

Me: Nothing to spill really. We kissed and touched and now we're sitting at the table as nothing happened. 

Ally: 'Nothing to spill'? Do I know you?

Me: It's fine. Really! I just- I have to think.

Ally: About what?

Me: Everything.

Ally: Makes sense.

Me: Yeah. Look, we'll talk more when we're back at the hotel, okay?

Ally: Okay.

Me: Have fun!

Ally:  :)

I put the phone down and look up to see Antonio, Martina and Jake stare at me.

"What...?"

"Aren't you going to answer?" Martina asks.

"Answer what?" I chuckle nervously.

"What your favorite movie is. Antonio asked you." She laughs.

"Oh!" I laugh too. "Sorry, a friend texted me. But I love Star Wars if that answers your question." I smile at Antonio.

"You didn't know that?" Jake asks him.

"Well, we only met the other day. It's actually a pretty funny story, she came up to me and asked me to not put in my number in her ph-" Shit!

"Stop! Nothing!" I quickly yell out. What the hell do I do? Or say? "He's just kidding." I chuckle nervously.

"No no." Jake says and looks back at Antonio. "Please, continue." He grins.

"Well, she came up to me and asked me to pretend to put my number in her phone. I didn't really do it. It's weird I know." He laughs.

"Wait-" Jake says and turns to me. "So it's not over."

"What?"

"It's not over. This-" He waves his hands between us. "Us. We said to ask someone out to prove that it was over but you didn't do it. Then it's not over?"

Is he kidding? "Oh, I'm sorry. But who's she then?" I ask and point to Martina.

"She's just-" He stops talking. Probably to think of an answer.

"She's just what?" I ask again.

"Yeah, I'm just what?" She chimes in, boy does she look angry. Not going to lie, I'd be angry too.

Jake looks speechless. "Look, I- I don't know! All I know is that that kiss-" he points to the bathroom, "wasn't nothing ."

"Wait wait wait-" Now Antonio chimes in. "You kissed?" He points to us and then looks at me disappointed.

"Antonio, I'm so sorry. I didn't know that this would happen. If I knew I wouldn't have come here."

"What?" Jake asks. "Why not?"

I glare at him. "Not now." I look back at Antonio. "I'm sorry. What can I do to make it up to you?"

He looks at me then at Jake then he stands up. "Nothing. I don't want to be a part of this." He points at us. "Whatever it is." And he leaves.

Martina just glares at Jake. I lightly kick him underneath the table. "Say something to her." I whisper.

He looks at her. "I'm sorry?" 

"Are you actually sorry or are you asking me if you're sorry?" 

"Ehm..." He scratches his neck.

"Dear God, why did I even come here?" She says to herself and leaves as well. 

What have I done? They seem like generally good people and we just sat there and lied to them.

And for what? A kiss?

--- --- --- --- --- ---

I know that it's been a while but guys! You HAVE to be patient! College is hard and I'm trying my best to balance both homework and this! 

But that's it for this chapter! I hope you liked it and I'll see you soon!