Chapter 7

I really hope that you guys liked the last part! I tried something new there with Jake's POV in the last chapter, hope you enjoyed that. Hahaha. OH! Also, for the DC fans here... I saw the new Wonder Woman trailer and OMG! I absolutely loved it! As you see though, I'm not posting as much as I usually am now that school has started and I really hope that you guys understand that I have other stuff to do now. Heh. Anyways, on with the chapter. Hahaha...

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

Oh no. I hate this scene. How can someone possibly watch this without crying? Like for real? I don't understand. How? It's so sad after you've followed him throughout his journey and it just ends like this? No... Oh God, it's over. The movie is over, I can at least breath now.

"Hey honey I'm going to the gro- Oh... What happened?" Mom walks in and asks.

"The Great Gatsby." I say and point to my tv that's showing the end credits.

"Oh. Okay yeah, I understand." She laughs, I join her. "But what are you doing today?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

"Great! Then you can come with me to the grocery store." She exclaims and leaves the room. "We're leaving in 5 minutes!" She screams from the stairs.

I get out of bed and change clothes to a black t-shirt with jeans and my purse with my card, keys and lastly I take my phone.

"I'm done! I'll wait by the car!" I scream when I'm at the door. Mom comes like 2 minutes later. "Can I drive?" I ask her and give the biggest smile.

"Oh no. No no no no no."

"Say that one more time..."

"No." She smiles back.

"But why not? I'm careful!" I say.

"If you want to learn how to drive then ask your dad." She says and gets into the car as I sign.

On the way there we both sing along to the radio and switch when a boring song comes on. The ride is pretty short too, only like 9 minutes from home.

"Which do you want?" Mom asks.

"Apple, not orange. Auden bought that so much it makes me sick now." I laugh and put the juice in the cart.

"Okay juice done." Mom says and strikes that off the list. "Now we need-"

"Shortie?" I feel a tap on my shoulder. No. Don't tell me that he's here. Not now.

"Jake." I say, turn around and give him a very awkward smile.

"What's up?"

"I'm grocery shopping." I say nd point to the cart. "You?"

"Yeah, me too. My dad is getting some milk. He'll be here any second." He says and looks around. Probably looking for his dad.

"Who's this?" Oh God. I forgot mom for a second.

"This is Jake. He's a... friend from school."

"Oh right! You were the one showing up at our house." She says and shakes hands with him.

"Yepp. That was me." He laughs.

"Well it was really nice meeting you again Jake but we've got some grocery shopp- You know what? If you want to take Emery out to hang again that's fine."

"MOM!" I quietly yell.

"You know what. That would be fun." He says and smirks at me.

"Yeahhhh... Nooo... I've got to do stuff at home so..."

"But you said that you didn't have anything to do?" Mom says. Oh dear God...

"Mom... Why don't you just go to the meat? I'll meet you there." I smile. She says okay, bye to Jake and then leaves.

"Funny woman your mother."

"Yes. Very..." I say looking down.

"Hey! I couldn't find the one- Oh hi." A man- his dad? Walks up.

"Hi. I'm sorry but my mom really needs me." I say and walk away. Well that wasn't awkward at all.

"You couldn't have been more embarrassing?" I ask her when I catch up with her.

"You needed a little push." Really mom?

"No, I didn't. I'm just happy you didn't stay. His dad came after you left and I have a feeling that you would've said a lot more then."

"Why? Who's his father?" She asks.

"I don't know. Just had a feeling." I laugh.

We get the last stuff and go to the car.

"Can I drive back?" I ask.

"What do you think?"

I sign and get into the passenger seat. When we're home we unload all the groceries and I go back into my room when my phone suddenly buzzes.

Jake: Funny seeing you at the store.

Me: Yes. Very funny...

Jake: Hahaha. What are you up to?

Me: Nothing, just got home. Why?

Jake: Just got home too, but I need help.

Me: With what?

Jake: I just finished watching my tv-show and I need a new one. Any suggestions?

Me: I watch a lot (A LOT) of tv-shows but I don't know if you'll like them.

Jake: Which ones?

Me: Well... I watch The Witcher, Friends, Shadowhunters, New Girl, Peaky Blinders and some others. But I think that you'll like these more than the others I watch.

Jake: I've seen Peaky Blinders and The Witcher already.

Me: Watch Friends.

Jake: It doesn't look so good.

...

Jake: Shortie?

...

Jake: Hello?

...

Jake: Emery?

Me: Friends. Is. Amazing.

Jake: ...

... ... ... ... ... ...

So that's it for this chapter! I really hope that you liked it! And as you may have seen by this point I take the texts from my Instagram and put them into this story somehow. I may change some few words in them but I stick to most of it. For example, when I'm writing chapter 7 like now, I want to take the text from part 7 on Instagram, and in chapter 8 I take the text from part 8 on Instagram. So if you know the texts you kind of know what the next chapters are going to be about.