Chapter 29

I'm back! I feel like I start all of my chapters this way, hahaha. But well well... What to do? On with the story!

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

"And over here we have the baby." The nurse points to the screen. Mom looks like she can die of happiness and tears are forming at the corner of her eyes.

"It's still too early to say the gender." The nurse continues. "But in about 18 weeks it'll be pretty easy to see. We'll meet for regular check-ups from time to time. We'll inform you of the day and time."

"Okay, thank you so much!" Mom says. "What's the due date?"

"I would say around January 3rd." The nurse smiles.

On the way home mom can't stop talking about the baby and I can really see how happy this makes her. I just smile, I love seeing her like this. Both her and dad are happy and Auden and I have promised to help out if they need help.

When we're home I walk up to my room and open the doors to my closet. The funeral is on Saturday but I haven't chosen what to wear. I wanted to put it off for as long as I could. I don't really want to think about it. I can't imagine what Ally's going through. I choose a knee-length black dress. It's pretty simple. And I also choose some heels to go with the dress. I need something else to think about.

A while later we're supposed to eat dinner but someone burned the food.

"How on earth can you burn pasta?" I'm laughing so hard at Auden. He's just standing there, looking at me.

"How about we order food?" Dad asks.

All of us agree and we order pizzas. I'm so basic it's boring. I only eat Margherita pizza. It's so good though, hahaha. 

"So. Next topic. Names?" Dad says and takes another slice.

"Okay. If it's a girl, why not Sophia?" I say.

"No. Boring." Dad answers.

"Ruth?"

"We're not having an 80-year-old." Dad laughs and we join him.

"Okay, boy names?" Mom says.

"Elijah?" Auden says.

"Oh. I like that." Mom and I say at the same time. 

"I guess it's okay." Dad nods.

"Great! So we have a name for a boy. Now back to the girl names."

"Ariel?" I ask. "Or Maggie? It's pretty cute."

"I like those. What do you think Hardin?"

"I like Ariel more. But Maggie's good too." He smiles at mom.

We talk and eat some more and before I know it, it's already Friday and I'm on the bus to school. I'm so tired. I didn't sleep well. But I can blame myself for that. I was up finishing my homework all night. I hated it but now it's done and the feeling of having it done is amazing.

I'm awakened from my thoughts by a tap on my shoulders. I turn around and see a girl looking at me. "You're Jake Evans's new girlfriend aren't you?" She asks. Her friend laughing behind her.

"Yes, I am. Why?" 

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to see if it was true." She takes a pause to chew her gum then she speaks again. "Isn't he amazing in bed? And the way he holds you after it's just-"

"Yeah- Uhm... I've got to go." I say and thank the gods for stopping the bus. I walk into the school and everyone's eyes are on me. Did I miss something?

"Omg... Emery, why did you do it?" Ally walks up to me and asks.

"Do what?" I'm so confused.

She takes my hand and leads me into the bathroom, away from everybody. "Did you really... Go down on Jake in the men's bathroom?"

"WHAT?! NO. No! I would never- I- Where did you hear that?!" Is this why everybody was staring at me? Why would I do that? And in the men's bathroom too? 

"So it's not true?"

"What do you think?" I say and hit her arm.

"Okay, first of all, ouch. Second, I heard it from Peter." Who the fuck is Peter?

"Wha- Why is everybody talking about it? And who told them?!"

"I heard it from Peter too, he's a very close friend of Jake's." A small girl comes out from one of the stalls. "I think Jake told Peter." She continues.

"Why would he do that? I haven't done more than kiss Jake in this school!" I sit down on the floor, trying to catch my breath. 

The small girl opens the door and then faces me again. "Jake is out there, with Peter and their group."

I gather my strength and stand up, opening the door and start making my way to Jake nd his 'group'.

"Jake, what's going on?" I ask as everybody's eyes are on us. Some people even have their phones out. Are you kidding me?

"Back for seconds?" The guy next to Jake, Peter I assume, smirks.

"For your information, nothing happened." I tell him, my voice much steadier than I thought it would be. "Tell him Jake."

I look up to Jake but he just stands there, looking at me. 

"Yes, tell me Jake." Peter says. "How was it?" He smiles.

"Good. The bitch knows what she's doing." Did he just- This isn't Jake. 

"What the fuck Jake?!" I move closer to him and that's when it hits me. The scent of alcohol. "Have you been drinking? It's morning."

"Don't tell me what to do. I drink whenever the fuck I want to." He says.

People around me start laughing and I feel the tears forming in my eyes. I'm am NOT going to cry in front of the entire school. I gather my strength once again and storm out of the building to the parking lot. I hear someone following me and I see Ally's shirt. She hugs me.

"Let's go home." I say and she nods. We go to my house to give Stella some space, besides, no one is home now anyway so it's nice.

"Why did he say that?" I start to cry.

"I honestly have no idea. I thought he liked you."

"Yeah, well... So did I." 

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Well... That was- Something. I just- Bye.