Chapter 5

Hello hello! And welcome back! Someone made a smart comment on the last chapter asking what ship name we should use for Jake and Emery. I had absolutely no idea. I've shifted between Jamery and Emerake and apparently you guys like one of those better than the other, hahaha. So please, let me introduce you tooooo... Jamery! Yeey, FINALLY!

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

After our little trip to the nurse's office Jake and I went our different ways. He was so sweet though, I didn't picture him as a sweet guy but well well. After some time at home in my bed I remember the assignment that Jake and I got paired to do. It's supposed to be turned in in a couple of days.

Me: Hey Jake?

Jake: Hey shortie.

Me: Do you remember which pages we were supposed to read for the WW2 assignment?

Jake: Ha! That's cute.

Me: What?

Jake: You actually think that I listen to the teacher?

Me: So you don't know?

Jake: Nope.

Me: Okay. I'll just ask someone else.

Jake: Wait!

Me: What?

Jake: I can help you.

Me: I thought you said that you didn't know?

Jake: Well, I don't.

Me: So we can't do it together.

Jake: We can do IT together though ;)

Me: God. Why do I even bother?

Jake: Cause you love me.

Me: HA! Biggest joke of the year.

Jake: Ouch. That hurt.

Me: Yeah right.

Jake: God. You are something else aren't you?

Me: Well obviously.

Jake: Hahaha.

"Honey there's someone at the door for you!" I hear mom scream from downstairs. I run to the door and I'm pretty sho- no, I'm very shocked at who's standing there.

"What's up shortie?" I just stand there looking at him.

"What exactly are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well, I was supposed to go to my friend Will but he canceled last minute so I thought 'Why not get started on the WW2 homework with shortie?'. You in? What are you doing now?"

"Nothing! She's not doing anything!" I hear mom say from behind us.

"Mom!" I say and give her a look as she smiles and goes into the kitchen. "Sorry for that. Heh... But I'm not doing anything right now. Why don't we go to a cafe or something and work there?"

"Sure. But uhm... Are you wearing that?" He smirks and points at me. And OMG! I have just now realized that I'm wearing an oversized hoodie that stops at my thighs. ONLY an oversized hoodie. "Oh, ehh. N-no. I better go and change." How the frick did I not see this before?

"I can come if you want." He winks.

"Ha! In your dream." I say and walk to my room to change. I take a Star Wars t-shirt and black jeans paired with a black bag for my books. I gather all of my stuff, put it in the bag and put my hair up in a bun before heading down again where I see Jake on the exact spot where I left him.

"Oh. Star Wars huh?" He says and holds the door open for me. "Yepp."

"The Lord of the Rings is better." He whispers in my ear as I walk out and then close the door.

We arrive in the city and find a small cafe near a lake. I order a chai latte and Jake orders a black coffee. As we wait for the guy to make the order we find a table and sit down. I take out the books from my bag and open them to the pages we're supposed to read.

"I think that we should start with a brief discussion about when WW1 ended and how that affected the countries and after that we go to September 1st 1939, when everything started. What do you think?"

"I think that the barista guy is staring at you a lot." As I turn around to see what Jake is talking about the guy is looking at me and smiles.

"Okay, ehm... I don't really think that that has anything to do with WW2."

"Yeah, you're right. And your idea sounds pretty good. After that we can move over to how Hitler basically fucked everyone up to thinking that he was a good man with fantastic ideas for the future."

"That sounds pretty good too but I don't think that we should use words like that in the assignment." I say laughing.

"A black coffee for you and a chai latte for you." The barista comes to our table and gives us our drinks. I thank him as Jake sits silent.

"You know, it's polite to thank someone when they give you something." I say and take a sip from my drink. He shrugs his shoulders and starts drinking too.

"What's that?" He asks and points to my mug.

"Chai latte."

"No, that." He says and takes something from my mug. A note?

"Oh wow. Real fucking classic. It's his number."

"What? For real? Give me it." I say and reach over the table.

"No, you don't need it." He says and stuffs the note in his pocket.

"And how do you know what I need?" I ask. He looks at me for a while.

"Let's move forward to June 1941, Operation Barbarossa. After that we have Pearl Harbor in December of the sam-"

"Don't just change the subject." I cut him off.

"We came here to write about history and that's what we're doing." He smiles and starts talking again. "As I said. After that we have Pearl Harbor in December of the same year, so in 1941. Those two topics are big and we have to have them in the assignment."

"Yes! And after that we talk about D-Day, Roosevelt's death, Hitler's death and add the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. And after that we pretty much wrap it up and end the assignment." I say back.

"Great. So we're done!"

"Ehh... Not quite yet. We only have the plan for now, we're going to have to expand our answers. I don't think that this will give us an A."

"An A?! Look I'm fine with a D." He laughs.

"Well... Let's aim a little higher than that."

"We could buuuut, if we aim for a D we'll finish much quicker."

"What. So you don't want to work with me?" I ask laughing.

"Oh I definitely want to work with you. If you know what I mean." He sinks.

"Jake. I always know what you mean." I laugh.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

I really hope that you guys liked today's chapter! And btw if there are any misspellings it's just because I write pretty fast so sometimes I don't even notice it. Even when I read through it. Hahaha.