Chapter 28

And I'm back! I'm so on a roll here, I've written like 7 chapters in a row I think, hahaha. And I'm only listening to Shawn Mende's new album Wonder all this time. I know all the songs, hahaha. But no more of that. Let's get on with the story!

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

"Ally, open the door." I say. "Please."

After those guys said that to her she ran to the bathroom and locked herself in one of the stalls. She's crying and she won't come out. 

"Ally please! Just open the door. I'm right here! I'm here for you Ally! Those guys... They're just a bunch of idiots." Well, I could actually call them a bunch of different names but let's not do that now. "Just open the door."

"Can you call my mom?" She manages to say through the tears. 

"Yeah, okay." I go over to her bag that she dropped on the floor and pick her phone out. I call her mom and she answers pretty quickly.

"Hey, honey ho-"

"It's actually me, Stella." I say so she won't go on.

"Oh! Hi Emery. Is everything okay?" I look at the closed stall door.

"Ehm... Not really. Ally and I were walking down the hallway when a group of guys stopped us and make fun of her... The passing of your husband." I can hear how Stella gasps on the other side. She's silent for a moment.

"Can I please talk to Ally?"

"Yes of course." I slide my arm under the door and Ally picks it up.

"Mom?" She's still crying. I can't hear what her mother is saying, only what Ally's saying.

"Yeah..."

"I know, but still. They didn't have to do that."

"She did."

"Okay, thank you." It becomes quiet and for a while, nothing happens but then the door opens and Ally comes out. She goes over to the faucet and cleans her face and takes a few deep breaths. 

"She's coming and picking me up. We're going to plan the funeral today. She wanted to get it over with so that she doesn't go around and think about it all the time." I nod and hug her. And for a long time, we stand there until some girl opens the door to go to the toilet. 

We break up the hug and I look at her. "When is she coming?"

"She said about 10 minutes. But you should go to the lesson, I'll wait outside, I need fresh air." 

"What? Ally, no. I'm going out with-"

"No. Go to class. For me." She's looking right into my eyes and I know she means it. I nod and hug her again before giving her a smile and start walking to class. 

"Hey, what took you so long?" Jake whispers to me as I take a seat next to him.

"Just... Some girl problems." I say and try to give him a smile but fail miserably.

"No. Something's wrong." He looks worried.

"Jake, everything's fine. I just had a bad encounter with some guy-"

"Excuse me! I'm having a lesson here!" Mrs. Williams asks. "Is there something you'd like to say to the rest of the class?" I'm about to start apologizing but Jake cuts me off.

"Yes." He says and stands up. "Some fucker messed with my girl. Who was it?" He looks around the room. I tug at his shirt, wanting him to sit back down.

"Mr. Evans! Language!" Mrs. Williams yell. "If you have a problem I suggest you take it up with the principal and leave my class alone." She goes back to talking about math and Jake finally sits down.

"Why did you do that?!" I whisper to him.

"Who did it? Name him."

"Jake, it wasn't against me. They said some things about Ally's dad and it made her really upset. She's home now, so can we just let it go? I don't want any drama." I plead with him.

"So nothing happened to you?"

"No."

He looks at me for a while and then lets out a sigh. "They shouldn't make fun of her. She's going through a tuff time." 

"I know. I don't know what they were thinking." I say, still very angry at the situation.

The rest of the day goes on pretty fast and before I know it, I'm in Jake's car on my way home. 

"Hey. You okay? You've been pretty quiet." He says and puts his hand on my thigh.

"Yeah... Just thinking about it all again."

"You want to do something? To get your mind off it?"

"No. Just going to go home. I have to help mom, her morning sickness isn't exactly only in the morning."

"Wait what? Morning sickness? Is your mom pregnant?!" Oh, right. I never told him.

"Yeah. They say that it's their 'happy mistake'." I smile.

"Wow. Good for them." He smiles.

"Thanks for the ride." I kiss him and get out of the car and into the house.

Mom's in the toilet. I can hear her from now. I find a note on the kitchen counter that dad's out buying some things for the baby, now that she's pregnant we have emptied out a spare room and we're turning it into the baby's room.

"Emery? Is that you honey?" 

"Yeah! I'm in the kitchen!" I yell back. She walks into the kitchen in pajamas, hair messy and looks like she hasn't showered in days. "You look beautiful." I laugh.

"Shut up." She laughs back.

We sit and talk some more about the baby and she asked me to come with her to the next appointment because dad couldn't make it. Some big job thing he had to do. I say yes and then we get started on dinner. About two hours after I came home, everyone is here and we're about to eat dinner.

"Hey. Oliver asked if he could come and sleep here on Sunday?" Auden suddenly asks.

"Yeah, sure-" 

"No." Dad says.

"Hardin! Of course, he can come over." Mom smiles.

"Tessa! He's Trevor's son."

"So?"

"So..." Dad sighs. "Nothing. Yes, fine. Your boyfriend Oscar can-"

"Oliver." Auden corrects him.

"Right. Yes, Oliver can come over."

--- --- --- --- --- ---

That's it for this chapter! Don't really know what to write so I'll see you in the next chapter!