Chapter 17

MY FIRST CHAPTER OF 2021! YEEY!

Hello everybody! I'm finally back with another chapter! This chapter is the start for the longer chapters on my Instagram (hardin.tessa.text). And I'd like to remind everyone here to not spoil anything if you come from Instagram, some people started reading this story here and it's not fair to them if you guys from Instagram spoil anything. Thank you!

Oh, and btw Jake's POV will be at the end of the chapter and it will start with him getting ready for prom. Just so you don't get confused about the timeline, hahah.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

I was just putting on my dress and fixing my makeup when mom walked in. "Hi honey! Omg... You're so beautiful." Oh no.

"Mom don't cry. Please."

"It's just-you're so... I can't believe my baby's all grown up."

"Tessa stop. Our daughter is beautiful no matter what. Let her be now. She has to get going." Finally dad comes and saves me from this.

"Thanks dad." I say and hug him.

"Wait- what are you doing here? Weren't you guys supposed to go to dinner and go ice skating?" I ask, clearly confused.

"We were but the restaurant had mixed up our reservation with another couple so they went in instead and the ice skating rink was closed."

"Oh, sorry. But really. I have to go now. Jake is probably waiting for me outside." I say and get my purse and phone. As I walk downstairs I hear my dad and mom following me like a puppy. Jake can not meet them. It would be too embarrassing."What's up shortie?" No no. Oh no. I turn around to face the door and guess who's standing there. Jake, Perfect Jake in his perfect suit. God he's hot.

"Ready to go?" He asks me.

"Not so fast... Jake." Oh no.

"Dad..." I say and give the 'Leave us alone. Don't say anything' look.

"So this is Jake?" He says and points to Jake. I nod.

Dad leans closer to me and whispers "What do you see in him?"

"DAD!" OMG this is SO embarrassing.

"I'm a real gentleman Hardin. I'll treat your daughter right." Jake says and gives me a smile. God. My knees are about to give out.

"I'm sure you will." Mom says and gives me and Jake a smile. After some time of really embarrassing talk and pictures taken we finally arrive at school.

"After you." Jake says and opens the door for me.

"Thank you." I say and walk in with Jake tightly behind me. He places a hand on my back as we walk and I'm freaking out. He's so warm and soft. God Emery, control yourself.

"You can go and sit. I'll get us some drinks." I nod and find two empty seats.

"Hi! Are you Emery Scott?" A man, looks like a dad, comes up to me.

"Ehh... Yes, that's me." He smiles and takes a seat next to me.

"I'm Zed, Jake's dad. I do some volunteering at this school." Oh. His dad? He seems like a nice guy.

"Did you know my mom?" I ask and laugh awkwardly.

"Yes. We knew each other back in the day." He smiles and looks away.

"Look. You and Jake enjoy yourself and I'll go mingle with some teachers." He says and goes. That was weird. And why isn't Jake back with our drinks yet? Was it a long line to the drinks maybe? I'll just go check. As I walk closer and closer to the drinking station I see the one thing I did not expect.

Jake kissing some girl.

What the hell Jake? WHY would he do that?

HE asked ME to prom.

HE took pictures with ME.

HE kissed another girl...

Why? Just why? And why am I even crying over him? He's not even worth it... And what am I still doing here? I'll just go home. This night is ruined. He ruined it.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Jake stops me in the hallway. It's just the two of us here. Pretty good though. I don't like when people see me cry.

"Where I'm going? Oh! I'm going home Jake!" I practically scream at him.

"Why?" Is he joking? I can't take it anymore so I'll just keep going. And for a God only knows reason he follows me outside.

"Did I do something?" Oh yeah. You just made me think that I possibly had feelings for you and then crushed them about 3 minutes ago.

"Are you for real Jake? You KISSED some girl! You made me look like a joke! Everyone knew that the two of us were going together and then you just go off and kiss someone else?!" He just stays quiet. Better so. I can't deal with him right now.

"Don't text or call me Jake." And that's the last thing I say before heading home.

Fuck you Jake.

Jake's POV

Why am I even doing this? I fucking hate dances. Especially prom. Why the fuck do these things even exist? God, I'm never going to have a good time with Emery.

Emery.

I just have to remember her. Her beautiful face. Her funny laugh. Her perfect body and personality. Her ability to not make everything about her. Not like some of the other girls I've dated. Well, not dated. Fucked. But I don't even date Emery. Not yet anyway.

"Hey. Ready to go?"

"Dad, I'll be driving myself. I'm picking up Emery." I tell him.

"Right, Emery. Scott right?"

"Yeah?" Why is he acting so fucking weird?

"Okay then. Have fun. I'll be going now to help set up some of the last decisions and stuff." He says and leaves.

I ring her doorbell but no one answers. I do see though that the door is unlocked so why not just let myself in?

"What's up shortie?" I say and the second she turns around I'm stunned. She's perfect. The dress fits her perfectly and her hair is beautiful. Jesus fucking christ gather yourself Jake.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Not so fast... Jake." Her dad, Hardin if I remember correctly, turns to me. Great.

"So this is Jake?" He says and points his finger at me. Don't point you fucking finger at me.

"What do you see in him?" He 'quietly' asks Emery. Fuck you too Hardin.

"DAD!" Emery screams. She must be so embarrassed. This is kind of fun.

"I'm a real gentleman Hardin. I'll treat your daughter right." Cross my heart and hope to die. I wouldn't hurt her for anything.

"I'm sure you will." Her mom says and we finally get to go after taking some pictures.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Oh no Jake... You did something bad... VERY bad. But well well, I really hope you liked this chapter and thank you for reading it!