Chapter 8

NO COMMENTS ABOUT AWC! Some still haven't seen it so don't bring up spoilers in the comments. Thank you!

And hellooooo! I can't believe that After We Collided is out now! I mean we've waited for so freaking long and it's out (in a few places) and I'm 100% sure that by the end of this year every After fan have seen the movie. This was the first movie I watched in the cinemas since forever (yes, there were restrictions) and after AWC I'm going to see Wonder Woman 1984 in October and No Time to Die in November, can't wait! Anyway... On with the chapter!

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

"Dad no! That's wrong!" I say.

"No Emery, look if we do this we win. I'm 100% sure."

"So you're going with that answer? Have you come to a conclusion?" Mom asks us. I look at dad who's nodding at me. I sign and nod too. "Sure..."

"You are..." She looks at the card. "WRONG! Auden and I take the point!" She says and gives Auden a high five.

"Funny how 'I'm 100% sure.' lost us the point." I say and give him the 'you know I was right' look.

"Our answer was right. The card is wrong." He says, rolling his eyes. Really dad?

"Next time listen to me." I say and get ready for the next question.

"Okay then. What category do you choose? You have movies, history and food left." Auden says.

"We could take either movies or history. I have history in school right now so I may know the answer." I say and look at dad.

"No no no. I'm not risking our point because you 'may' know the answer." He laughs.

"Oh, but when you're '100% sure' that's okay?"

"Yes, cause I was right and the card was wrong."

"Okay okay okay okay! Category?" Auden asks again.

"Movies." We say.

"What was the name of the basketball team in the High School Musical movies?" Auden says and I give dad a look.

"Yes dad. What was their name? You should know this because you know everything." I laugh and mom and Auden join me.

"I know their name. It's... You know... T-the Beavers." I-it-WHAT?! HAHAHA!

"The Beavers!? HAHAHAHA! What do you think they're saying? 'What team? The Beavers! What team? The Beavers!' HAHAHA!" God, this was pretty fun. Even mom and Auden are still laughing.

"So I'm GUESSING that that's the wro- NO NO! WILDCATS! IT'S WILDCATS! YES!" He screams.

"Good job dad, that's right." Auden laughs.

Dad looks at me. "We got the point thanks to me."

"Oh yeah. Thanks." I say sarcastically. "Okay. On with the question for you." I say and point to mom and Auden and take a card. "Category?"

"Ehh, music?" Mom asks Auden, he nodds.

"Okay then, music. Who was the lead singer of the 80's band Queen?"

"Oh, pleas-"

"MICHAEL JACKSON!" Auden cuts mom off. I-is he for real? Omg... My brother is stupid.

"Michael Jackson? Are you kidding? No, it's not Michael Jackson." Mom says to Auden.

"Yes it is. He was in a band and then he went on to do a solo career."

"Yes, that's true. He was in a band. The Jackson 5." She says.

"Yeah, well-I-it's.... It's a stupid game." He whines. Suddenly my phone buzzes and without looking I can already tell who it is.

Jake: Hey.

God...

"Ehh, I'll be right back. Dad take the card and watch them! There will be no cheating!" I say and look at mom and Auden who are laughing. They cheated their way to victory last time and I won't let it happen again. I walk up the stairs to my room and sit on my bed.

Me: Hey.

Jake: Are you going to the dance?

Me: I don't know. I think I may stay home.

Jake: Why?

Me: School dances aren't really my thing.

Jake: Mine either but I'm still going.

Me: Okay?

Jake: So you're definitely not coming then?

Me: Don't think so. Why are you asking this?

Jake: Just wondering.

Me: Okay...

Jake: But ehh- Would you like to meet up sometime?

Me: What?

Jake: Yeah. Just the two of us. To get coffee or dinner or something.

Me: Like a date?

Jake: No. Yes. Maybe. If you want to. I mean if you don't want to you don't have to. Just a question.

Me: Okay okay okay.Stop typing. I'll go.

Jake: Really?

Me: Yeah. Might be fun.

Jake: Yeah.

A school dance? With Jake? The school's bad boy? I must be dreaming right? This can't be happening. Why would he even ask me out? I mean I'm just a girl and he can get ANY girl he wants but he's going with me. Why? As much as I like it, it just feels like something's off.. I don't know what either. Eh, probably just nervous. Nothing to think too much on.

Right?

--- --- --- --- --- ---

So so so so sorry btw for not posting. The news of Chadwick Boseman's passing took A LOT on me. I mean I knew that I loved him and his movies but I didn't know that it would affect me so much as it did....

And I also started school a few weeks ago (my last year of high school) and it's already so much to do! I have multipul tests and homework so if I'm later than usual at posting you know why. Hahaha.

I just figured out a really BIG and SAD plot twist that I'll write into the story later on. I would just like to apologize now because you'll probably hate me for a while. Heh.