Chapter 33

I have absolutely no idea what to write so let's just get right into it, hahaha.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

Emery fucking Scott.

It echoes in my head.

I don't think I've ever sworn so much at one time. He brings out the worst in me. 

...and the best.

I fight the tears that are threatening to spill. This is not about me.  

I push all my thoughts about Jake to the back of my mind and put on a strong face as I walk in. Some people are staring at me, they probably heard the conversation. I smile weakly at them and make my way towards Ally. 

I stay there for about another hour or so and then I head home. Ally said that she needed to rest so I left. At home I see mom and dad in the living room, dad caressing mom's stomach. Auden is probably in his room. 

About an hour into my movie mom opens the door to my room. "Hey, sweetie. Someone's at the door for you." She smiles.

"Who?" Don't tell me-

"Jake."

. . . great.

"'Just... Tell him I'm sick."

"What? You're not sick." 

"Mom. Tell him. I'm sick." I give her the 'please don't make me explain and just do as I say' look.

She sighs. "Okay." The door closes and I hear her footsteps on the stair. Two minutes later she opens the door again. "He wanted me to give this to you." She lays a letter on my bed beside me and gives me a small smile before leaving. 

I watch it. It watches me. Yelling at me to open it. But my eye goes to my lighter at my desk. Should I? No... Yes...

But a small glimpse of what he wrote won't hurt, right?

Emery... Shortie.

This is weird for me to do. I don't usually sit down and write letters to people. We don't live in the fucking 1700th century. You know me better than anyone. I don't even want to sit down to do my homework. But this... This is something I have to do. I can't get a hold of you in any other way. If you could please just hear me out. Every story has two sides to it and I don't want to tell my side over a letter. I'll be sitting at the café where we had our first date. Meet me there in about two hours and let me talk to you. Directly to you. Not over a letter.

I miss you so fucking much it hurts. // Jake

That was... He... To... Why?

Why?

WHY DID HE WRITE THAT?

He CAN'T mess with my feelings like that! I have been crying endlessly over him and he thinks that a letter is going to fix all of that? What does he even have to say? And what do I have to say?

Well- A lot probably.

I sneak over to Auden's room and lightly knock on his door. "You can come in." I open the door and he's sitting and playing video games.

"Hey... Can we talk?" I ask.

"Not now, I'm playing." He nods to his tv.

"Please." I think he hears that my voice is a bit off because he stops his game and looks directly at me, confused. 

"What happened?"

"Well... You know Jake?" He nods. "He sort of... Did something. Something bad and very wrong."

"Like...?"

I tell him everything. I start with what happened at school and what Jake had said to me, then I go on to tell him about how he texted me and called me non-stop, and then at the funeral when he called me and I basically yelled at him. And lastly, I tell him about what he wrote in the letter. 

"Well, shit... And mom and dad have no idea?"

"No... I didn't feel like telling them about it right now. They have enough to think about with the baby and everything."

"Em, they'll understand. You're their daughter and they love you. I mean- Yes, dad is probably going to kill Jake but what I gather, you're not so fond of him right now so it doesn't really matter." He says and a small laugh escapes from my mouth. 

"What should I do Auden? Should I go or not?"

"Look. I'm not in the place to tell you what to do. You should know that yourself. Just listen to your heart."

"Jesus... When did you become all lovey-dovey?" I laugh.

He points to a framed picture of Oliver at his desk. "He really brings out the best in me." He smiles as he looks at it. God... I want to feel like that again.

"Yeah... He really does." I smile and hug him. "Thanks. I know what to do now." I go to his door. "And if you ever need help with anything, I'm right over there." I say and nod at my door.  

"Noted." He laughs and turns his game on again.

After a while of thinking in my room, I've decided.

I quickly change into a loose green dress with flower prints on. I also grab my denim jacket just in case I get cold. It is May after all, the weather should be warm now but you never know. My phone is on my bed and I grab it quickly along with my keys and wallet. On my way downstairs I say to mom and dad that I'm meeting a friend from school. They don't question it. Good.

The ride to the café feels like an eternity but I finally arrive. I walk the short distance from the bus stop to the café and I'm now standing outside it. The big windows make it easy for me to look in. And there he is. 

I see him at our table, a rose next to him, his leg bouncing up and down, his eyes searching for me, clearly nervous. 

He looks at the clock and scratches his head. Leg still bouncing, eyes still searching. 

But just now, at this moment, I know. It's so clear. 

I take a final look at him and walk away.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

HAHAHA! I had so much fun writing this chapter! But don't really know what else to write here so I'll see you in the next chapter!

Any thoughts?