Chapter 32

So the last chapter was kind of.. Sad. Emotional. Sad again. Kind of my fault, heh. But well well, on with this chapter.

(I'd like to apologize on behalf of... Well, myself for this chapter.) H e h . . .

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's  POV

The casket is now underground and they're covering it with dirt. Michael is helping. He's fighting to keep himself from crying, you can clearly see it. He probably wants to be strong for Stella and Ally. When all of the dirt has covered the hole, people gather around again and just look at it. After some time the guests start to disappear, Stella left too. She couldn't take it anymore so she went home to prepare for when people start to arrive.

"You can go home, I'm staying some more with Ally. I'll see you later." I say to dad, mom and Auden. They nod, kiss me and walk away.

"I brought this." Ally says and takes out a candle from her purse. She unwraps it from the plastic around it and I take it. 

"I'll go throw it away." I say and take the plastic from her. Mostly to give Ally some alone time with her dad.

I've been to this church once before, so I'm not exactly an expert on it but I do remember that there was some sort of corner where you could throw things away and get water for the flowers. After about seven minutes of walking around, I find it and throw the plastic away in a bin. It's creepy how quiet it is here today but on the way back to Ally I see someone. Someone familiar.

"Andrea?" What's she doing here?

She turns around and the second she sees me she quickly wipes the tears from her eyes. 

"Oh I'm- I didn't mean to interrupt!" I say, embarrassed to interrupt her here when she's clearly mourning someone.

"No, it's okay. Just here with my mom." 

"Oh, where is she?" Her eyes fall to the ground and my eyes follow, that's when I see it. 

'Molly Samuels. Beloved daughter, wife and mother. You'll always be missed.' 

"Cancer. Ten years ago today. She didn't take my dad's last name, she made him take hers." She laughs. "She was so strong." She says and starts crying again. 

"I'm so sorry." What can I possibly say? "I have no idea how you feel but I'm so sorry." I go out of my comfort zone and place a hand on her shoulder.

"No, I'm sorry." She turns to me and wipes her tears. "I was a bitch to you and you didn't deserve that. I just- Life without mom is hard." She looks at the grave again. "We used to do everything together. She said that I was the miracle that saved her life... She loved me and my father so much." She breaks down. God... Andrea is not like I imagined she'd be.

"Andrea... Look, I'm not mad at you okay?" 

"Why not? The way I acted towards you was so shitty."

"But you had your own problems. If I knew what you were going through I'd understand. I know we weren't the best of friends but you could've told me. Does anyone in school know this?"

"No. My mom said to never show weakness and to always aim for the win. That's what she did before- Well, this." I feel so bad for her. I didn't like her but I didn't know her story either.

"Look, ehm... If you ever want to talk about something I'm here. I may not relate to the things you talk about but I'm a pretty good listener." I say and give her a weak smile. 

"Thank you. Oh, and by the way. I kicked his ass."

"Who's?"

"Peter's. After he said that about Ally's dad. I imagined if he said something like that to me and well... My rage got the best of me." She laughs a little.

"Thank you." I say. "I should go back but... Give me your phone." She does as I say and I put my number in it. "If you ever want to talk, I'm here." I give her a smile again before heading back to Ally.

"Everything okay? You were gone for quite some time." Ally asks when I find her.

"Yeah, just got lost. But I'm here now." I smile. I decide not to tell her about Andrea. She has enough on her plate now. "Let's go. Your mom is probably waiting for you at home." I say and grab her hand in mine. 

Ally's house is filled with people. All wearing black. The food is on the table and a big picture of Ally's dad is on another table with candles burning around it. Some people eat, others talk and some are standing by the picture and crying. Ally walks away to her mom so I go to the bathroom to freshen up a bit.

After splashing my face with some cold water I'm about to go out but my phone starts buzzing. Without even looking I know who it is.

Incoming call: Jake

Knew it. 

I have to get this over with.

"Stop calling me!" I yell and almost hit the end call button.

"NO! No no no! Please Emery, hear me out!" Is he kidding?

"Why the fuck should I do that?!" I am well aware that the people outside can hear me so I get out of the bathroom and take the backdoor out. It's cold now but I don't care. "Huh! Tell me why I should let you talk!" I yell at him, very frustrated.

"I fucked up okay? I know that bu-"

"You fucked up? ... YOU FUCKED UP?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" 

"Emery just let me talk."

"Oh, you want to talk? Talk? Like the talk we had in the hallway?! Like that?!"

"Can we please meet somewhere? It's easier to do this in person."

"Easier to do what Jake? Scream at each other? Not listening to each other? This is just easier to do over phone."

"What's easier?"

"Breaking up with you."

"Break up- What? Shortie, stop. Don't do this. You don't mean that-"

"Don't you dare call me shortie! I'm not shortie anymore! I'm Emery!" I yell.

"Emery fucking Scott."

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Wow. I got angry myself writing that, hahaha. But I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next chapter! 

What do we think of Emery's little attitude here? Hahaha.

And I kind of liked Molly so this was extra sad for me. If you've read the books you know what happened to her and I feel so bad :(