40

Today, I went out to brunch with Dr. Jeong. I find it kind of weird that a gynecologist is interested in a pregnant patient. Especially since I don't talk to my children's father. But I like Dr. Jeong. He is really nice and caring. You would think he's the father of my children. Not to mention, Jaylen loves him.

We had been sitting at a nice table towards the front of the restaurant, by a window.

Dr. Jeong: YN?

Me: Yes Dr. Jeong?

I said snapping out of my deep thoughts.

He then chuckled a bit, showing his deep dimples.

Dr. Jeong: You don't have to call me Dr. Jeong. Just Jaehyun.

Me: Right! Sorry. This is like the third time you've told me this. Can I ask you a question?

Jaehyun: Of course?

Me: Well.... I just find it weird that you have asked your patient out for brunch. May I ask why?

Jaehyun: I don't see you as a patient. I find that I am interested in you, so I would like to get to know you as an individual outside of just being my patient.

Me: Even though Im.. You know, pregnant?

Jaehyun: YN, things happen. I'm not gonna look down on you because you decided not to stay with the cheating father of your children. I wouldn't expect anyone to stay with a partner who is cheating on them. I like you.

Me: Yea. I just thought you wouldn't want to be with someone who already has two children, especially since they are not your children.

Jaehyun: Just because I don't have any of my own, doesn't mean I don't want any. Mine or not.

Hearing this made me smile. Soon a waiter came over to our table.

Waiter: Hello. Are you guys ready to place an order?

Jaehyun: Sure. Jaylen, what do you want?

Jaylen: Chicken and waffles!

The waiter then wrote that done.

Jaehyun: Anything to drink?

Jaylen: Orange Juice.

Jaehyun then turned to me.

Jaehyun: And you Yn?

Me: I'll have the French Toast and turkey bacon please, with the fruit bowl. And water will be fine. Thank you.

Jaehyun: And I'll have the steak omelette as well as a glass of water.

The waiter finished writing everything down then walked away.

Me: I feel fat now. I think I got the most.

Jaylen: You're not fat. You are gorgeous momma.

Jaehyun: He is right. Besides, you are eating for two. Don't hold back.

We all then laughed.

Jaehyun: Have you thought about names, whether it's a girl or boy?

Me: Yes, If it's a girl, then her name will be Nailah, which is egyptian for "successful". If it's a boy, then his name will be Niko, which means "people of victory".

Jaehyun: Wow. Those are some good names.

Me: Yea. I want to give my kids names that hold true meaning so they will know what importance they hold and how much I love them and believe in them.

Jaehyun: That shows how much you care about your kids. I'm glad you came out with me today.

Soon our food arrived and we ate.

Once we were finished, I pulled out my wallet to pay, only to have Jaehyun place his card down first.

Me: Well at least let me leave the tip.

Jaehyun: If that makes you feel better, then sure.

I then placed a 20$ bill on the table, and we all left the restaurant.

Me: Jaehyun: Thanks for taking us out today. We really enjoyed this little bit of time out of the house.

Jaehyun: Why don't we hang out more often? Maybe we could take Jaylen out to an amusement park or water park. Something fun we all can enjoy.

I then looked at Jaylen who had a wide smile on his face.

Me: I guess that means yes.

I said almost laughing. I find it really cute how much Jaylen enjoys Jsehyun's company.

After entering Jaehyun's warm hug, we went our separate ways to our vehicles. To which Jaehyun did own a black g-wagon. Boy do doctors make that money.