42

After calling out for Jaylen, who had been upstairs watching tv, I walked over to the button of the stairs to wait on him.

Jaylen: Yes momma?

Me: Uhm, Do you want to see your dad today?

Jaylen: Sure. I do miss him.

Me: I know you do. Your uncle's crush said he would talk to him for us and I should be getting a call back from him soon.

Jaylen then smiled.

About an hour later, I received a call back from Crush.

Crush: Hey. He'll be on his jet today and should be here by tonight. I gave him your number [because you changed it] so you guys can pick a place to meet tomorrow.

Me: OK thanks Crush. I appreciate it.

Crush: No problem lil sis.

I then hung up.

----- Time skip.

As Jaylen and I had been eating dinner, I received a call from an unknown number.

Me: H-hello.

I said almost choking on my food.

Dean: YN!

Me: Hi.

Dean: Hi. Uhm, Crush gave me your number. What time and where did you want to meet tomorrow?

Me: I was thinking maybe like 12;30, at {your favorite restaurant] for lunch.

Dean: Ok. That sounds fine. I'll see you then.

Me: Yea.

I then hung up and looked over at Jaylen who had been looking at me.

----Time skip

Jaylen and I had been getting ready.

Jaylen's outfit]

Jaylen's outfit]

I threw on a simple dress, along with some vans, made sure to fix my hair and then we left the house.

I had arrived at the restaurant fairly early and gave them my reservation name, where we then were seated at an open table.

I had got Jaylen some orange juice, and myself a water as we waited for time to pass by. I had been scrolling through Instagram on my phone when I soon heard a pair of heavy footsteps near me, followed by my name being called out.

Dean: YN.

I looked up to see Dean. He had worn a big smile on his face.

Jaylen: Appa!!!!

Jaylen said getting up and hugging Dean.

Dean: Hey Jaylen: I miss you! Look at how big you have gotten.

Dean Then helped me stand up. He looked at my belly and worn a sad smile.

Me: Hey Dean. I firstly need to apologize. It was childish of me to not allow you to see your son, and not tell you I was pregnant. Im sorry.

He then pulled me in for a hug, to which he lightly spoke in my ear.

Dean: I should be the one apologizing. Over and over again.

When he pulled away, He held up a gift bag, to which I'm just now realizing he had.

Me: Thank you.

Dean: I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, so I just got a bit of both.

Me: Yea, i decided to wait to the day of to see whether its a boy or girl.

Dean: Have you chosen names?

Me: Yea. Nailah for girls and Niko for boys.

He then smiled at me.

Dean: So, does this mean I'll be able to be in my childrens' life from now on?

Me: Yes. Of course.

Dean: Thank you.

Me: So have you been dating or anything of that sort?

Dean: Actually no.

Me: Oh.

I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping he said yes.

Dean: You?

Me: Oh, uhm. Yes. I am currently in a relationship.

I swear, that for a second, I could see his eye twitch.

Dean: Oh, well that's good to hear. I am happy for you.

Me: Thank you. Dean, look, I forgive you. I really do and I'm not even going to hold that above you now. But I do think you should move on, maybe start seeing someone else, and I want you to be happy too. I don't want what happens between me and you to ruin your life and stop you from being happy. Besides, I'm not going anywhere. I'm the mother of your children. We just won't be romantically involved. But aside from everything else, I'm still here.

Dean: Yes I understand. I'm just happy to be back in your guy's life. And I know you won't be here in the manner that I would like you to, but i'm ok with that. I couldn't ask for anything more. 

The rest of our time here, Dean and Jaylen had been catching up.