LTY 54: Drab

"Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So, you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them, they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much drabber and emptier for their departure."

Stephen King

Drabness and Emptiness. But that's how you will feel for the early stages of moving on. It will be hard. You cry rivers. You were restless. You blame and question yourself and your capability. Thinking you were so ugly and unlovable. And what comes wrong. You deny that everything is ending that way but time will come and you just slowly accept yourself and what happened. That some things weren't meant to be together. Life goes on when things turn that way.

For Yanika who's been living life under the shadows of her husband, where she can't tell the world that he's hers but the more she couldn't aim him even if they were married because he loves her, was just fine. It was acceptable for her even if she's loving Jeonghan furtively.

It's a very painful truth but that's just how it is. She couldn't stay in their status anymore if only Jeonghan wouldn't leave Seventeen so he can be a good son and will be able to do what obligation his grandfather has left him.

When their Manager Jeon told Yanika that he knows exactly the score between the two, she couldn't help herself but get scared. Get terrified that Jeonghan would sacrifice their dream as a group and give up the people the makes him who he is now. She's frightened that the loveless relationship will destroy and end thirteen dreams in a spur-of-the-moment. She's afraid that it will ruin their good relationship, friendship and their strong bond together.

And it nearly happened because Jeonghan was already pursuing it unknown to his members yet. Jeonghan was ready to be hated because for once in his life he wanted to be a good person and carry out the responsibility his dad and grandfather gave him.

Jeonghan was the only one his father was rooting for their company and their businesses. Jeonghan was his grandfather's favorite like Yanika, who's the most precious princesita of their family, and he will be the one who will inherit their family business.

Yanika has the chance to be selfish and egotistic but she just couldn't eradicate the smiles from Seungkwan, Dokyeom, Seungcheol, Joshua, Jun, Woozi, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Myungho, Vernon, Dino and her husband, Jeonghan, all of them in short time they're together. She can't afford to hurt them.

Selflessly, she learned that letting go of the person who made her a woman for everyone else's happiness is the best.