LTY 39: Bella

Yanika woke up from the healing sounds of the ocean. Her face lit up when she slid the curtains from the glass doors because even behind the dark she can feel the ocean calling her.

She stared  at the dark horizon, because it's still 5 in the morning, appreciating it. She's in love with the oceans for the reason that it gives her peace and serenity. And because it calms and heals her hopeless heart.

She wanted to watch the first light of today with him at their first break of dawn in the resort but seems like it's impossible.

She excitedly went to Jeonghan's room this dawn before the sun could even rise but before she could even knock, she heard that the guy was already awake talking to someone.

She heard the excitement in his voice while talking. He was happy talking even if it's still early in the morning.

"Ne. I will still sleep after this. You too, take care. Don't get hurt, I'll be hurt. Saranghae, Wonie-ah."

She doesn't want to eavesdrop but she just couldn't move her feet that time. She couldn't help but smile bitterly while running to nowhere at dark surroundings when she heard those words came out from Jeonghan himself.

Her feet brought her to the shoreline in the dark horizon. She dropped herself at the fine sands of the beach and gazed at the darkness of the horizon. She tried to calm herself by the sound of the waves crashing on the sands. Good thing the sea has the magic to heal her immediate unwanted feelings. 

While staring she talk like the sea would response to her. "Why is that even if they were far from each other, his heart and mind was still left back home with her. Even if I'm with him physically, I felt like he is not with me," she said in the air while staring at the blankness of the sea.

Of course Yanika, he loves her. It wouldn't change anything even if she will be far from him, Yanika fighting with herself. 

Sigh

I thought we're already fine but I guess I'm fooling myself again. And maybe that's how love works even if your far from each other and you won't see each other your heart will still be connected to one another, the sour face and bitter smile written all over the lady's face.

It's our first day but hell it's already turning out bad but that's a good thing because I'm here to enjoy the rest's company not with his company, she sighed more.

Yanika look up above the skies and began talking again, "Grandpa, can't I be happy for once? Can't you tell God to make me happy even it's just this week? Please pa tell him." Desperate but that's how it is when you are in love and you don't have much time to think of tomorrow. 

Then a cold breeze was blown making her shiver and it made her smile as if her late grandfather answered her by the wind, "Why pa? Why do you have put me in a situation you know I will lose? Why pa? Because you already knew that I will lose huh?"

"Am I not really beautiful pa?"

"Or perhaps I am indeed ugly?" She was hopelessly asking in the air. She scoffed at herself because of how miserable she is looking now.