LTY 5: Journey

It's been 6 months since I have read the last will of grandpa. It was just a small part of his will but it made such a big impact in my life. That missing part of the will I was looking for a year ago was finally unraveled and it was the scariest secret that came out.

Who would have expected that the unrestricted Yanika Neda Chan Alvarez isn't really free at all? But let's just say that, they've just given me that freedom because they all knew that I can no longer enjoy it once I will know the truth.

Freaking hell! I'm married for 10 years and I didn't even know about it.

Who would have thought that those jokes that grandpa made when I was still young was the reality?

Who would have thought that I was too naïve to even realize it? That joke where he would always tell me I am already married before but I always take it as a joke.

Who would have thought that this ring in my finger does symbolizes that I am already married? Grandpa gave this to me as a gift all of a sudden before saying it's his heart and life. That I should never lose or remove this ring no matter what happens but if it pains me too much already, he told me to bury it on his grave. And that day was the exact date that I am no longer registered as single. But my wedding ring was given to me by my dad when I read grandpa's last will.

Yes, I decided to wear it because it will be a symbol for me to slowly accept my fact.

All of the questions on my mind were too much too handle that's when I decided to take a break. I had a month of vacation from work and everyone, I did go to the rest house grandpa gave me and shouted my heart out. 

Then I didn't go out but I stayed at home trying to avoid anything and everything. My parents didn't bother me as they told me they fully understand. I was a rebellious bitch but they didn't expect me to recover fast as I have talk to them finally after that one-month break.

They fed me every information I needed about our marriage, the who, what, when, where, whys and hows. They even let me talked to my husband's parents virtually because I wasn't emotionally prepared yet. But I can tell, they are nice people and very comforting. There was never a moment they made me feel uncomfortable.

I was given the folder containing my husband's information but I refused to look at it yet. I usually look at my client's information when I am in business and even do a double-checking rule but for him, I just couldn't. It's enough for now to talk to his parents and I will be meeting them soon after.

I wasn't still able to grasp the reality. Thinking I was already in the situation I couldn't escape. It was a battle between my rebellious bitchy self but another where I wanted to be a good daughter for once.