38 : Misunderstanding

Honestly, I don't know what came over me and told that lie to Glaiza. I mean, getting close to Jason for him to eventually pity me and hopefully cancel our marriage? Even I think its nonsense! I guess that's what really panic does to you. You started spurting out random words to cover up the original reason why you did what you did.

For me, it was to cover up the fact that I was still butthurt at the indirect rejection and embarassment of my confession. I guess the reason why I chose Jason as my excuse is, maybe because he'll be able to help me forget this hurt and pain I'm feeling. I mean he is always trying to get my attention, so I'm sure he'll be able to cheer me up and entertain me. And thank God, I was right. One week has passed, and I was surprise to find out that Jason's a pretty laidback guy and that we had a lot in common. Especially when it comes in movie and tv shows preferences. He also randomly come up with this really funny jokes and situations, that most of it had got my belly ache from laughing. He had really done a great job entertaining me that for a while, I was genuinely happy.

Rhian's thoughts were cut off when she heard the familiar sound indicating that she has received a notification. She click it and saw that it was from the mechanic shop they own. It was a letter of gratitude of the workers from when the rich girl personally gave them the salary they lacked for almost 3 months, because of her father's lack of attention to them.

For the next 15 minutes, she responds to work-related e-mails and reviewing the latest reports about their business. It seems that the sell of their pineapples and corns are slowly decreasing, due to the new competition that has suddenly risen. That is why Rhian wrack up her brain for ideas and strategies to knock them down and surpass them.

She gave out a long sigh of relief when she had finally finish e-mailing the things she have to do. Before she could stretch her sore fingers, the bedroom door opened and a giggling couple walk inside. When they saw the rich girl, laughter seize down.

"Oh, it seems Rhian's busy with something. Maybe we should just stay at the living ro-"

Rhian cut Benjamin off with a dismissing hand. "Its fine, I just finished. You can use the room as you wish. I'm heading to the library, anyway."

The rich girl quickly arrange her things on her table before she stood up and walk towards the door, avoiding the gaze of the girl she confessed her feelings to. Truth be told, she's not really in the mood to read, she just don't want to be a third-wheel and endure the awkwardness she'll probably feel in the same room with the couple.

Not really having much to do, she decided to just prepare lunch for themselves. Others were chilling by the game room, so Rhian was all by herself in the kitchen. She prepare all the ingredients, both for the chopseuy and for buffalo wings. While coating raw chicken wings in flour, she felt a presence beside her.

"You know, you should've just hire another maid to do the cooking, instead of tiring yourself." She heard Jason commented.

"Its fine, I can handle myself. I've always love cooking, anyway." Rhian replied.

"Hm, well, can I do anything to help?" The guy asked.

"If you could maybe cook chopseuy, while I fry these, that would be lovely." Rhian chuckled. "But, I assume you don't know, right?"

Jason rub his nape lightly, smiling sheepishly. "Yeah, I have no experience in cooking. Our maids obviously do that work."

"Figures." Rhian mumbled with a sigh. "You know, you should not depend everything to the maids. Its not all the time they'll be there serving you and-"

"Oh, they will be. They're after all, being payed to do their work to-" Jason didn't finish his sentence when he saw Rhian glaring at her. He pursed his lips. "Sorry, continue."