12 : Get Together with Friends

Pic Above: Brian

¤¤¤

Glaiza cursed under her breath as she saw the familiar cute cartoon girl pouts in sadness, saying that she failed. It has been her 3rd try and she couldn't make it pass through level 127 in Candy Crush. She huff in frustration, exiting the game and put her cellphone back in her pocket. Her coffee had grown cold when she took a sip making her wonder what was taking her friend long to get here.

Paul had suggested that they hang out at his place since it has been weeks since they last have fun together. Actually he was suggesting it since before the exams, but the rest had been so caught up with the requirements, the quizzes, and the extra-curricular organizations, that they have little or even barely time for each other. That's why, when the finals were over, he couldn't contain his excitement when the rest of the group agreed.

Which brings us to the present, wherein Glaiza and Kat were assigned in bringing food. But it seems that it wouldn't be the case, since Glaiza had been sitting at the coffee store for nearly an hour, trying to kill time, as she wait for her friend. She had left countless calls and text messages earlier but when she received none, she gave up.

Just as she was about to get up and wander around the mall, the door to the coffee shop opened and saw Katrina walking calmly but annoyed as a guy with curly brown hair trailed behind her. When her eyes met with Glaiza's, relief washed through her face.

"Hey, I'm really sorry for being late, but I ran into..." Katrina struggled to get her arm from Brian's grip. "this guy, which by the way, is his fault as to why I'm late."

"Brian, what did you do now?" Glaiza warned.

Brian smiled sheepishly. "Well, I happen to pass by her house-"

Katrina scoffed. "More like stalking me."

Glaiza glared a little at her friend before telling Brian to proceed on his explanation.

"...and I saw her outside. She said she was waiting for a trycicle to pass by to take her here, so being the gentleman that I am, I offered her a ride. But halfway through, my car just sort of just... stopped. So I checked and saw that I got a flat tire..."

"So I went to get my spare tire from the trunk and... well..."

"It was also flat! I mean what the hell?! So I told him that I'll just wait for the trycicle, but he wouldn't allow! So he called his brother to pick us up. But it turns out, he was in the middle of his job. Good thing there was a mechanical shop nearby, but we still have to wait for 4 customers. And when his car was fixed, he was nowhere to be found! When he came back, he reasoned out that he was eating a damn cup of noodles! I mean really?! And I practically yelled at him to drive faster 'cause this guy was so damn slowpoke!" Kat ranted and grab Glaiza's donut and frantically shove it through her mouth.

"I'm really sorry Katkat, it won't happen again, I promise. Just please don't be mad at me." Brian pleaded.

"Don't. You. Dare. Call. Me. Katkat!" Kat glared daggers at him.

"Okay okay that's enough. Let's go, people are staring at us." Glaiza said dragging the two outside the coffee store.

When Katrina finished the donut, Brian held out a tissue to which the former yanked it angrily. Glaiza just shrug at Brian when he gave her a look.

Glaiza decided that they head to the grocery store first to buy some snacks before they proceed to their food for their lunch.

Glaiza grab a pushing cart and began steering towards the snack section. It didn't surprised her when Katrina grab three pieces of basically every snack there is. The two of them aren't picky person when it comes to snack, or food in general, because they want them all anyway.