31 : The Kiss

Rhian huffed as she grab the half-filled bucket of red paint, kneeling and giving stroking the brush onto the wooden surface. She tuned out the noisy pounding of hammer against wood, the cutting and stripping of fabrics, and focus on her task at hand. They only have 3 days to finish all the floats and she's getting worried since they've only done 3 out of 7. This is because 4 of her neigbours decided to take a vacation without reminding her. If it wasn't for her other neigbours informing about them, she would still look forward to their help. Absentmindedly, she roughly slide the wet brush onto the surface, resulting to some of it splashing on her shirt and some on her arm, remembering the attitudes of that 4 neighbours.

She was pulled out from her thoughts when one of her neighbor asked her insights about the structure of his props for the float. After that, she was then asked about her opinion on the colors and measurements. She was even informed about their materials running out.

"Already? I thought we still have another extra green fabric?" Rhian asked.

"We would, but it caught fire when Nelson was melting out glue sticks since we only have 2 glue guns." Mary replied, to which the guy gave out a sheepish smile and mumbled an apology.

Rhian internally sighs. "Okay, why don't you focus first on designing the trailer, I'll handle the fabrics." The two nodded before they went on with their tasks.

She wipe her hand on her shirt before picking up her phone. 2 rings after, the person answered. "Hey, Glaiza? Are you still in the store?"

"Yup, the line is suprisingly long and I've been standing here for 10 minutes. I might be arriving late there." Glaiza answered.

"Uh, yeah about that. Can you pass by the fabric store? We're lacking plain greens... I-I know this is too much of me and I'm really sorry for bringing this onto you. But don't worry! This is the last time I'll be asking a favor from you. I'm really sorry. If only I have extra help from-"

The short-haired girl cut the babbling girl. "Hey, hey, no its alright. You don't have to apologize. I'll get you your fabrics so don't worry."

After the call ended, Rhian instantly went back to her work. The scorching heat from the sun made it difficult for her to focus because of the sweat sliding from her forehead to her nose. It also didn't help that the cap she's wearing is making her head sweaty. So she took it off and ignored the instant heat on her head. Squinting her eyes from the light, she tried to paint the intricate designs without messing it up.

By the time she was done, she was completely drench in sweat and her clothes are now sticking on her body. She paid no attention to this and help her neighbours on what their task to do. The rich girl was all over the place. She was approach every minute for her opinion, thoughts, and updates on their work.

Looking out at her only 6 busy neighbours, the unfinished props, and their 4 more huge plain trailers with no designs, had sent Rhian in an again worried state. There was in no way that they could finish all the floats for only 3 days. Defeatedly, she drop herself on a chair nearby and hung her head low.

Before she could scold herself, she felt her hair being caressed. She look up to see a smiling Glaiza but her grin turn to a frown when she saw Rhian's sad look.

"Oh G, didn't know you've already arrived... Did you got the materials and fabrics I've told you?"

"Uh yeah..." Glaiza hesitated. "Rhi, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, of course." Rhian answered with tight-lipped smile.

Just then, the group appeared. All of them gawked at the design-finished trailers and talked among themselves before spotting the rich girl with the Glaiza. They greeted Rhian which brought confusion on her face.