06 : Change in Attitude

Pic above: Katrina

¤¤¤

The following day, Rhian woke up with a sense of determination. Her conversation yesterday with her mom, flashed through her mind and she couldn't wait to arrive at school.

I think its time to make it up with her.

After a quick shower and dressing in her usual school clothes, she went downstairs in a fast pace. She greeted her parents good morning, grab an apple, and was about to head out when she was stopped by her father.

"Whoah, slow down there. What's the rush?" Mr. Ramos spoke.

That's when Rhian froze. Why is she indeed in a hurry? She racked her brain for answers but there was none. Sure she's going to earn Glaiza's forgiveness, but why was she acting as if she really needs Glaiza to forgive her?

I do not!

Really? Then if I may twist father's question earlier, why are you in a rush just for Glaiza to forgive you?

I...I...I just don't want the guilt to eat me up, okay?! The sooner, the better. Besides, I'm always early.

Okay, whatever you say.

Its the truth, alright! I'm not-

Rhian's battle of her mind was interrupted by a shake from her wrist. She blinked twice and saw the confused look of her parents.

"Uhm... no reason." Rhian answered in a high-pitched voice. "Just want to get to school extra early today. I... uhm... was hooked on this book I've found last week, and... I uhm... wanted to finish it."

"Are you sure you don't want to join us and eat?" Mrs. Ramos asked to which Rhian shook her head no in response.

Rhian's father eyed his daughter for a second before he nodded. The brown-haired girl kissed her parents goodbye, before she went inside the car, where her driver was patiently waiting.

Upon arriving, Rhian scanned the school grounds for any signs of the short-haired girl. Her plan was simple: She would give her her sincerest apology an then be good to her.

To her dismay, Glaiza was in no sight. She didn't see Glaiza's friends either. What did she expect anyway? Of course she couldn't find them since it was still early in the morning. So she went to the library and decided to kill time by reading a poem book.

When she was about half way through the book, the bell rings. Walking down the hallway, the principal walked by and greeted him, to which the latter responded with a slight nod and gestured to her earphones, which she forgot until now. She quickly remove it and apologise. Luckily, she was let off with a warning and let her go. While she was stuffing the said earphones inside her bag, a person collided with her, resulting to dropping of books and scattered papers.

"Oh great" The person muttered and kneeled to pick the things on the floor. Rhian instantly recognize the person, and help gather the books.

"Sorry I didn't watch where I was going. Gosh, I'm so clumsy. Thank you, though you didn't have to-" Glaiza lift her head to thank the person but stopped when she saw someone who she last expects to help her.

Sensing that the other girl was not speaking and is still in a state of shock, Rhian offered a hesitant smile and place the books on her hand before walking away.

Meanwhile, Glaiza could only watch the brown-haired girl with still wide eyes.

What the hell just happen?!