22 : Lunch with the Ventura's

Glaiza stared hard with concentration at what's in front of her, scanning every pieces surrounding her own for a possible attack. Seeing none, she move her piece, trapping her opponent's important piece. She smirk upon seeing that both sides are occupied by her own, so if her opponent even dared attack one of them, she would lose.

Still, her opponent had a blank look. She move her second most valuable piece vertically and attack Glaiza's most important piece. "You lose."

Glaiza's mouth opened in shock, her friends laughing at her defeat while Rhian's friends, smiled and cheered for the rich girl's victory.

"B-But, I had your queen surrounded, why didn't you... I was about to win if you just... like... why not... How?!" Glaiza rambled, still baffled that she losed in the game of chess. Again.

"I saw how you were so focus on surrounding my queen and so adamant in eliminating it that you left your king unguarded. So I took the chance." Rhian smiled proudly.

"Oh, so that's what Glaiza's mistake is." Brian remarked.

"You see Glaiza, I told you, you shouldn't have challenged Rhian. She's a pro at chess, remember?" Chynna reminded.

"Yeah, you should've seen it coming at the beginning." Katrina says.

"I thought, I could beat her!" Glaiza defended.

"Yeah, well, obviously you couldn't." Brian replied to which Paul nodded in agreement.

"Well, the game sucks, anyway. If there's someone here to blame for my defeat, its the guy who invented chess. He made it so complicated." Glaiza huffed. The guy beside her chuckled, pulling her by the waist and giving a kiss on her temple.

"Let it go, babe. Don't worry, you're still a winner to me." Benjamin reassured to which Glaiza smiled. The people around cooed and tease them, except for the brown-haired girl who just gave a hesitant smile.

The teasing is cut short, when a phone ringing is heard. Benjamin fish it out from his pocket and held it on his ear. Then seconds after, he hung up. He announce that he's expected at his mom's clinic, saying she needed help in tending her patients. Although Glaiza is dissapointed in this, she let him go. Benjamin reassured her that he'll be calling her in the evening and gave a quick peck on her lips before he went off.

"Damn, you are one lucky girl Glaiza. I wish I had a man that is as affectionate as your Benjamin." Katrina sighed, a hopeful look in her face.

Hearing this, Brian instantly scooted closer to Katrina, clearing his throat and giving her a dazzling smile. "Your wish is my command, m' lady." And lean in to give her a kiss but was quickly prevented when Katrina slap his forehead, senting Brian fall back hitting his head on the left arm of the couch.

"In your dreams." Katrina glared, earning a laugh from Glaiza as she saw her friend, Brian, rubbing the back of his head. When the two began bickering, she turn away and met Rhian's gaze who quickly averted to the board game as if she's been caught.

The short-haired girl helped in picking the chess pieces and handing it to the rich girl. "Soo, regardless of me losing, that was a nice game, don't you think?"

"Kinda. Although I find it amusing on the way you struggled during the game, it was also boring since it didn't challenge me that much." Rhian smirked.

"Oh geez, sorry to disappoint you, oh great Rhian, the chess master." Glaiza sarcastically said. "Come on, it was my first time playing that game, the least you could do is praise me for my effort!"