05 : Guilt

Few days have passed, and Rhian was getting anxious and bored. Ever since the incident at the restaurant, Glaiza had stop pestering her. She has stop passing by the library early in the morning, or come annoy her during recess and lunch. Its as if she's ignoring Rhian's existence.

It made sense because today, Glaiza hadn't even glance her way and was always surrounded by her circle of friends, especially to that Benjamin guy. For the past days that she was being ignored, everytime she see Glaiza, Benjamin was always by her side.

Like when did they became close? It has only been a week since that Benjamin guy transferred in our school. Then suddenly they seem so close. I didn't even know that Glaiza has other guy friends except for Paul. Wait, are they dating? But that's impossible! Glaiza hadn't express some sort of affection towards him. Maybe, he's courting her? Ugghh! Why the hell do I care?!

"Rhian? Hey!" Julie-Anne snapped her finger in front of the spaced out girl.

"Huh? What?" Rhian flinch and look at her friends who was staring at her for the past two minutes in confusion.

"Are you alright? You've been spacing out for a while now." Josh said, concern written on his face.

"Yeah, I uh...um.. I was just thinking..." Rhian glance at her half-eaten burger on her hand. "About the History project, that's all." Was the lie that came out from her mouth.

Thankfully, no one noticed it and somehow believed her lie.

"Well, if it weren't for what you did back at the restaurant, you two would've been working on the said project. Now, you just made it worse with her." Lovi said without looking at her cousin.

"Look I told you, I didn't meant to go that far. I was just messing around and I thought that it wouldn't result to that." Rhian defended.

"But not in the way that would involve her job! For God sake Rhian, the girl lost a job because of you! You know, at the beginning, I didn't care about your revengeful acts towards her, but this... this I can't tolerate anymore. Talk to me when your knocking some sense in you." Lovi stood up and walked away. Rhian sighed and stared hard at her lap.

She and Lovi were close ever since they were little, and through that years, Rhian knows everything about her cousin, from her strengths all the way to her weaknesses. One of which is, Lovi hates it when people argue and would later on lead to fights and taking revenge. It was true that Lovi didn't interfere with their constant banters and small fights with Glaiza, and she was thankful for that, even though deep inside she knows that her cousin weren't exactly supportive of her motives. But she didn't know that it would affect Lovi this much.

"Hey..." Rhian glance at her left, when Dennis gave a reassuring pat on her shoulder. "She'll come around. Just give her time."

They resumed eating in silence, and before they know, the bell rang signalling the end of lunch. When the group said their goodbyes, realization hit Rhian.

Oh no. History is my next class. Great, could this day get any worse?

Rhian gave a deep sigh before she enter the classroom. She immediately gulped when she saw that all eyes are focused on her, with some of her classmates whispering while others glare at her. As she made her way to her seat, she caught sight of Glaiza and their eyes met for a second, before the latter turned her gaze to the ground. Rhian saw that she was surrounded by a guy and three other girls, Lovi being the one, who also gave a slight glare at her before turning away.

Rhian sighed and took out her notebook when their professor walked in, pushing aside the disturbance on her mind from earlier's happenings.

The professor continued discussing about last week's lecture and as much as Rhian tried to listen to the words he's saying, she just wasn't in the mood, and  absentmindedly began to doodle on her notebook.