04 : Mistake

The court was slowly being filled with students and each were settling down on their seats as a certain teacher announce that the competition is about to start.

Rhian was already seated on her assigned seat together with her other competitors. She smiled when she saw Lovi waving at her while the others gave her a thumbs up in encouragement.

A series of claps were heard as the judges' names were being introduced as Rhian pretended to listen. Instead, she was subtly watching her other enemies, if she finds some of them a possible threat to her. She is dealing with smart students from other schools and she need to be careful since she's representing her own.

After a quick speech about the mechanics and rules, thus, the competition began.

At first, Rhian was confident on the answers she's throwing because the questions were mostly found in her review. And it also help, that the other competitors weren't able to answer. But   if she may borrow her father's words, it would be: to never underestimate a person.

This reminder popped in Rhian's head when she notices that a certain wavy-haired girl was now tied in scoring with her. As expected, the two of them were the only ones competing in the final round. By now, Rhian was feeling the pressure. It would be a total embarassment if she come in second because not only does the competition took place in her school, she'd be dragging down the school's name, which is the last thing she want to do.

When it was time to announce the winner, Rhian couldn't be more nervous. So imagine her surprise when her name was called with relief etched on her face. The school cheered as the trophy was handed to her.

After the competition, the gang decided to celebrate Rhian's winning at the new restaurant nearby their school. Upon entering, it wasn't a surprise for them when they saw that the place was jam up with a lot of students. Luckily, Josh was able to get them a table by the corner.

After a minute of deciding what food to eat, Rhian called for the waitress who had her back on her. As soon as the waitress turn around, her eyes went wide. When their eyes met, the waitress couldn't help but smirk while walking to their direction.

"Hey guys! What brings you here?" Glaiza greeted.

"To eat, duh." Rhian mumbled but the waitress was quick to hear it but decided to ignore it.

"Glaiza! Hey, girl!" Lovi waved while the others acknowledge her presence by either giving a smile or a nod. "You didn't mention to us that you work here."

"Yeah, I thought you work part- time at the library? What happened to that?" Julie-Anne questioned.

"Oh, it went downhill. I was given multiple warnings by the librarian for whistling but, I guess I couldn't keep my mouth shut so I was kicked out..." The group, except for Rhian, gave her a symphatetic look but Glaiza was quick to dismiss it. "Its okay though, I didn't even like working there. That's why I ended up here. I just started last week and it took me a month to have this job, so if I screw up on this, it'll be much harder for me to get another job. Anyways, that's enough of me, what are you guys ordering?"

The group ordered the foods Glaiza recommended since they were new to the restaurant.

While the waitress was jotting down their foods, Dennis mentioned something that Rhian wasn't a part of. "Glaiza, I want to thank you again, for helping us out at the orphanage."

"Yeah, especially when the Jollibee mascots bailed on us." Josh added.

"Wait, why? It musn't be the reason that they don't know the address 'cause I specifically told them in person where the orphanage is." Rhian's brows furrowed in confusion.