25 : Wedding Plans

Rhian held her breath as she and the others watch the ball roll off, taking a lean on the left then at the center, until hitting all the pins off. She blew a breath of relief, smiling as she heard her friends cheering. She turn to the left, and saw Paul with widen eyes and mouth ajar.

She felt heavy arms on her shoulders and saw Dennis on her peripheral vision. "Now do you believe her?"

Paul frowned, opening and closing his mouth to say something but didn't know the words to counter back. Finally, he slumped his shoulders in defeat and says, "Yeah."

The group howled in laughter at his reaction, resulting to some of the people to look at them in irritation. But just like her friends, Rhian didn't mind it. She took a seat behind her when it's Glaiza's turn to challenge Paul. Confident at his skills, the latter suggested that the loser should treat the winner to any food he/she wants. Glaiza agreed to it and the two readied themselves. Rhian cross her arms and shifted in her seat, excited how the events would turn out.

Paul's gaze locked on the pins before releasing the ball, hitting seven of it. The guys cheered him on, either chest bumping him, or doing style handshakes.

"Wait, wait, wait, hold on. I change my mind. That's not fair! You have experiences in bowling whereas I don't. So you have to lower the standards 'cause there's in no hell I'm gonna win this." Glaiza argued.

Rhian saw the glare Glaiza's giving the guys when they disagree, but Paul shut them up, contemplating on Glaiza's proposition. He gave a thoughtful look before he agreed. "Alright, okay, how about this. Lets forget what I said. If you could strike down 4 or more, I'd treat you in any food you want and forget about me being a winner. But if you don't, well, you have to buy me food. Is that okay?" Paul proposed.

Although hesitant, Glaiza nodded and shifted the bowling ball on her hand. She narrowed her eyes at the pins before giving a hard release of the ball. She held her breath in, watching the rolling ball until it hits exactly four pins.

Rhian smiled as she watch the short-haired girl jumping up and down in victory, her lip stretched into a wide smile. Her gazing was cut short when a phone ring. Her eyebrows raise in surprise as soon as she saw who's calling and immediately answers it.

"Hey mom! Oh my gosh, its been so long! Why haven't you been answering all my calls? I've miss you so much!" Rhian gushed.

Mrs. Ramos chuckled. "Me too sweetie. I'm sorry I haven't picked up my phone for a while because I lost it days ago."

"Oh my God, what happened?! Did you check everything? Maybe its just somewhere in your closet, maybe the car, or, I don't know, under the bed?"

Rhian heard her mother release a breath. "I've checked all of it, but nothing. But its alright though, I've had that phone for... five years? So I guess that's bound to happen. Good thing I've brought with me my other phone, so all is good. Anyway, I didn't call to talk about that. Tell me, how are things there? You guys having fun?"

Rhian responded in agreement and filled her mother in with the things they've been doing for the past few days. She also mentioned about how she had bonded with Glaiza's cool friends and that she had made the right decision to include them into her summer trip.

"Well, that's good. But be honest with me... you haven't burn or destroy anything in that house with all the fun you had, are you?"

Rhian laughs lightly. "No mom, we're not that reckless. Don't worry, everything is still in one piece."

"Okay, okay, good. Just checking." Mrs. Ramos chuckled, before slowly dropping her tone into a serious one. "Soo... uh... how about you and... that Jason guy? I heard that he's also staying in the house. Now before you say anything, I'm not like your father. I do not approve with the whole fix marriage thing. I just want to check up on you and make sure that the guy hasn't force you into doing things you're not comfortable or if he's treating you right."