45 : Goodbye

Author's note:

Hey, guys! Sorry for the very late update. Finals had been stressful and rough, especially to a graduating student such as myself. But praise to God, I'm still alive, hehe. Anyway, just a head's up, this would be quite a drama-filled chapter. So, please don't hate me:(

¤¤¤

"Hey Glaiza, do you... Glaiza?.... Glai?... De Castro!" At this, the short-haired girl snapped out of her mind, wincing at the pain of being yelled at, directly on her ear.

"What the fuck, dude!" Glaiza punched Paul's shoulder before hissing at the continuous ringing of her ear. "You're literally just beside me, you don't have to shout on my ear!"

"Well, I tried using my normal voice to pull you out of whatever planet you're mind is, but it clearly didn't work. So you left me no choice." Paul says, putting the game controller on the table in front of them. "I was gonna ask your opinion in my chosen avatar, but you're not even paying attention. You're mind was obviously somewhere else."

"Yeah, what were you zoning out for?" Dennis added, standing up from the floor to sit beside the short-haired girl.

"Its about... Rhian." Glaiza started.

"And? What about her?" Dennis questioned.

"Earlier this morning, she seems... distracted and lowkey distant." Glaiza sighs. "I asked her what was wrong, but she dismissed it saying that she's just fine."

"Well maybe she is." Paul says.

"I know Rhian when she's fine." Glaiza shook her head. "She's different this morning... Its like she's hiding something from me... Or... Maybe its me... Maybe I did something wrong... But what? Yesterday we were great, she helped me win the talent show, had kisses here and there, we celebrated, and had a few drinks. So what could I possibly-"

Just then realization suddenly hit Glaiza with a gasp. "Oh no. Drinks. I had consumed alcoholic drinks."

Paul and Dennis glance at each other in confusion before the latter spoke. "So?"

"You don't understand, I don't drink that much. I have low alcohol tolerance. But last night, I must've had tons, considering that I woke up with a massive hangover with no clue of the last night's memories at the restobar we went to. Maybe my drunk self had said, or worse, done, some embarassing things or anything cringe-worthy!" Glaiza exclaimed, dropping her face onto her hands in embarassment. "That's probably why she's being awkward with me."

She felt a heavy arm on her shoulder, making her peek through her hands. "Oh, I'm sure what you did wasn't that crazy. I've seen you a handful times during your drunk state, and you're not that reckless, unlike Kat and Chynna."

"With the times I spent hanging with you guys, I agree with Paul. Besides, I'm sure Rhian had just something on her mind. Probably business-related. You know how she is." Dennis reassured.

Releasing a sigh, Glaiza reluctantly nodded. "I guess you're right. Maybe I'm just worried over nothing."

"Good. Now that your doubts are cleared, can we now play Final Fantasy VII Remake? I'm excited to use this new avatar of mine." Paul says to which the two nodded, attention turn to the PlayStation 4.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

One and a half hour of vigorous button-pushing on the controller, occassional yell and curses here and there, and consumed six cans of softdrinks, Glaiza left the gaming room and went to her room to try and talk with Rhian, hoping that the rich girl would not ignore her.