13 : Meeting of the Two Groups

Pic Above: Sam

¤¤¤

"Hey, are the pancakes ready?" Rhian asked as she put the final plate on the dining table.

"Almost, put out the orange juice I made." Sam ordered as he flip the last pancake on the pan. Rhian obeyed and took out one large pitcher and pour out the liquid in every glass.

Just as Sam put out a plateful of pancakes, Mr. Ramos and his wife emerge from the stairs. Upon seeing what the two siblings had done, surprise was evident on their face.

"What is all this?" Mrs. Ramos said as she greeted her two children with a kiss on their cheek.

"Well, since you guys are having your early flight to Paris today, we figured that we make you breakfast and spend it together before you go." Sam said, pulling out a chair for his mom. Mrs. Ramos gave a smile and sat down.

"Thank you, this means a lot you two." Mr. Ramos smiled appreciatively.

The four sat and begin eating. They talked about the plans of the couple and the activities they'll be doing together.

"And don't worry, we'll bring you two souvenirs from our trip." Mrs. Ramos said.

"Enough about us, what are you planning for your summer?" Mr. Ramos said, taking a bite from his scrambled egg.

"I'll be hanging out with some friends at our provincial house. You can come if you want." Rhian said turning to her brother. "Also Glaiza would be there and her friends."

"Cool! Yeah, I'll come! I haven't catch up with Glaiza for years." Sam agreed.

Mr. Ramos furrowed his eyebrows at the mention of Glaiza for a second, before clearing his throat.

"Will Jason be coming with you?" Mr. Ramos asked. Rhian's jaw tensed at the mention of Jason's name.

Rhian opt for a safe answer. "Uhm... I don't know. I haven't talked about it to him."

There was a silence for a minute, before Mr. Ramos broke it. "Are you aware that the plan of merging our company with Jason's had been successful?"

"Yes father, I've seen it on the news." Rhian blankly replied.

"Jason's father and I stated that we'll only handle the business for three years and after that we retire, passing the responsibility to both you and Jason. You know what that means, right?" Mr. Ramos said.

Rhian rolled her eyes discreetly. "Yes, but in case you forgot, I have a girlfriend."

Mrs. Ramos choked on her juice and Rhian's brother, Sam, widened his eyes at the revelation.

"Girlfriend? You have a girlfriend?! How... when... are you... since when are you into girls?" Mrs. Ramos stuttered.

"Don't listen to her Margaret, she's just making it all up to avoid marrying Jason. Using Glaiza in her childish play." Mr. Ramos said.

Rhian slammed her palm into the table and stood up. "I am not making it up! Me and Glaiza had been a couple since before your announcement about Jason! It just so happens that we couldn't keep it a secret, especially when I am forced to be married to some stranger!"

"You stop this foolishness Rhian! I'm warning you, if you haven't drop this sinful relationship by the time your marriage to Jason happens, which for  your information is in two months, there will be consequences. And I promise you, you wouldn't like it." Mr. Ramos threatened as he also stood up and match his daughter's glaring gaze.