01 : The Two Rivals

Pic Above: Benjamin

¤¤¤

The school's hallway that was once in silence is now being filled with students and teachers. Some students were mindlessly chatting and laughing with their friends while others are quite entertaining with their guitars and singing. It has been like that every morning. Students finding ways to kill time before their classes starts.

Well not for Rhian Ramos. While students spend their morning with their friends or with their significant other, she would rather spend her morning in a productive way. Her routine is usually arriving at school exactly half an hour before her class begins and walk straight to the library. She would sit at the very corner of the room and just read random book or would review her notes from yesterday's lecture. You're probably thinking that she's that introverted nerd, but she's not. Its just how she was raised up, to prioritize her studies at all cause.

She was currently reviewing Trigonometry and answering problem solving equations on her book. The subject is a bit complicated and it irritates her when she doesn't understand some things. She was almost done reviewing but was stuck on the last problem when a voice from behind interrupted her.

"Still an early bird, huh?" She ignored the person's comment and focus on the task she's trying to accomplish. She flinch at the sound of the chair squeaking as the person sat beside her, but she kept her eyes glued at her notes.

The person look at her curiously. "Why are you reviewing trigonometry? The quiz is still this afternoon."

" 'Cause I want to." Rhian replied calmly.

"Oh. Are you having troubles with that subject?"

" A little bit, but I can manage."

"Do you want my help?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

"Oh, okay." Rhian was grateful that the conversation had dropped. Now she can focus on the stupid problem that she's stuck to. She have never encounter this problem in any previous quizzes so she decided to challenge herself. But she's been analyzing the problem and scanning her notes for the past two minutes and still got nothing.

"Okay you know what, this is driving me crazy." Rhian was shocked as the person pulled the book in front of her and started scribbling the answer on it.

"What the hell Glaiza?! I was answering!" She tried to grab the book but the other girl was quick enough to block Rhian's prying hands.

"Glaiza, give me that!" Rhian yelled. By now, the two had attract attention from the other students, some were glaring while others held amusement on their faces. As soon as Glaiza finish, she put the pen down.

"Your welcome." Came her response as she slide the book back to Rhian. The latter was about to lash out again when she saw answers from the problem she's been stuck at.

"Seems to me you're struggling at the problem for a while now, so I figured that if I didn't come to your aid, it would take you the whole morning to solve it." Glaiza shrugged as she lean her back against the chair. Rhian blushed in embarassment.

It's true. She could've said that she needed help in the subject, but she didn't want Glaiza to know that she suck at Trigonometry or anything that has to do with math.

Just then the bell rang, signalling that classes are about to start. Rhian gathered her things and head out.

"Hey! Wait!" Glaiza grab her bag and followed the brown-haired girl.