47 : Acceptance

Glaiza groggily open her eyes only to be knocked by a searing throb of her head. Hissing, she shut her eyes and turn her body to the other side. Slowly this time, she open her eyes, despite her eyelids still feeling heavy.

"Good, you're awake. Kat brought you breakfast. You should eat." Benjamin, who was situated at the couch, said. He glance at her for a second before he went back to gazing at his phone.

"I'm not hungry." Glaiza replied.

She lazily got up and went to grab something from the closet before slumping down again at the bed. She put on Rhian's oversized, gray hoodie over her head and lay down, curling herself up. It was raining hard and Rhian's snuggly hoodie provided her warmth that counter the cold she's feeling.

"Glaiza, come on. You've barely ate yesterday. At least eat this blueberry pancakes. Katrina made it from scratch." Benjamin persuaded.

Glaiza glance at the tray-filled breakfast food on top of a small breakfast table. Admittedly, it looks mouth-watering to her. But really, she wasn't hungry. Maybe she'd give the pancakes a try, though. With a sigh, the short-haired girl pushed herself to sit up.

"Here, let me take off that for you." Benjamin offered, his hand going to the hem of the hoodie Glaiza's wearing.

Instinctively, Glaiza grip Benjamin's wrist to prevent him from touching it. "What? No!"

"Glaiza, you'll probably stain it with syrup. And trust me, with you in this current state, there's a high chance. Besides, its just a hoodie. You can wear it after you're done eating." Benjamin pushed.

"I'm not. Taking. This. Off." Glaiza emphasized, her grip on Benjamin's wrist tighten for a second before she release it with a pointed look.

"Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you." Benjmin replied, wringing his arms in the air defeatedly before he went back to busying himself on his phone.

Glaiza inch closer to the food and lifted a forkful of pancake into her mouth. As she munch bits of it, her gaze went to the window that overlooked the terrace.

I wonder what Rhian is doing. Are their final wedding preparations ready? Is she currently having a bachelorette party? If so, is she enjoying it with her friends and close ones? Is that why Lovi and the others aren't here? Does she finally let herself be happy with Jason? Maybe. Anything can happen in 3 and a half days, after all. And what about me? Does she think of me? Does she grieve in pain and hurt just like me these past 3 days? Has she really abandoned me? Maybe she's happy without me. Maybe she wants to forget all about me and the special memories we had... But maybe she already has.

Glaiza tried her best to steady her tiring shaking hand and kept her tears at bay at the thought of these things. She close her eyes momentarily and took a deep breath. No more. No more thoughts about her. Rhian already made her choice. Its time to move on.

As she finish her meal, she was quite proud herself for proving Benjamin wrong. Her hoodie was stain-free from syrup. Besides, why would Benjamin have that absurd thought in the first place? This particular soft gray hoodie of Rhian is Glaiza's favorite clothing of the rich girl. She could still remember the first time the rich girl offered it to her to warm her up on a cold Wednesday afternoon.

Flashback

Glaiza gave a small smile before rummaging through the closet for dry clothes. Getting out a simple white shirt and shorts, she turn to Rhian.

"Uh, could you..."

"Oh, right." Rhian turn her back to which Glaiza began changing.