19 : Books and Banters

Shifting to a more comfortable feeling, Rhian's elbow hit the pillow, hoisting herself up with her eyes focusing on the book she's reading. Reading the last paragraph of the last page of the book, she smiled upon knowing that the story had a happy ending. She closed the book with a sigh and stand up, heading downstairs.

"Hey Rhian, want some?" Chynna asked, while spreading peanut butter onto a bread.

She chuckled lightly. "That's what I'm here for, actually. So yeah, and can you please make it two?"

"Chynns, can you also make us some popcorn? Specifically with caramel?!" Lovi called out from the living room.

"And also make some orange juice!" Katrina added.

"I thought you guys wanted sandwiches? Chynna questioned.

"We are." Julie-Anne said.

"Then what's with the popcorn and the juice?" Chynna said.

"We also want them." Julie-Anne answered.

"Oh sure! Its not like I needed help here and that I'm perfectly capable of doing all these things by myself." Chynna sarcastically said.

"That's my girl!" Katrina yelled.

Chynna groaned. "You girls suck."

Lovi chuckled. "We love you too Chynns!"

Rhian smiled at their interaction. "I see you guys are getting along with each other."

"Eh, they're not that bad." Chynna shrugged. Rhian smiled, knowing that she enjoys the company of Rhian's friends even though she didn't admit it.

"Where are the others?" Rhian asked, deciding to help Chynna in fixing their snacks. She put the orange mixture onto a pitcher and stirred, before putting ice.

Chynna sighed. "In the game room."

Rhian's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "They're still there?" In answer, she heard distants shouts like 'Take that!' and 'That's what you get, bitch!', accompanied by cheers.

"Wow, they sure are getting addictive." Chynna said to which Rhian nodded. It was true, considering that the guys had spent the whole day in the game room yesterday.

By the time, the popcorn was ready, Rhian had finished her sandwich and offered to bring the juice and the popcorn while Chynna handle with the sandwiches and the chips. The two placed the snacks on the table to which the three thanked them.

Rhian left them and went upstairs. But instead of going in the direction of her room, she went to a room across from it and stepped inside.

The room was the usual color of grey with borders of white. Paintings hang from every wall. Two long tables situated on the left while a couch and two bean bags are on the right. Across from her are two large circular windows overlooking the grasslands of the town. But the most that capture Rhian's eyes were the bookshelves. The room is filled with lots of it, and Rhian couldn't help but sigh at her safe haven.

"Rhian?" The brown-haired girl turn her head to the left and saw Josh standing there with a thick brown book on his hand.

Realization hit him instantly. "I'm sorry if I didn't ask for permission. This is so silly of me. I should go." He put the book and was about to head for the door when Rhian stopped him.

"Hey no, its fine. You can use the library whenever you wish." She said. Josh sent her a thankful smile before he took a sit across from the book he got.