07 : Reconcile

Rhian sighed when she saw the credits rolling and close her laptop before leaning back on the couch. It was now Saturday, meaning she was free from all the school requirements and homeworks, yet here she was, bored as hell.

Earlier today, she had a pleasant morning caused by having a good sleep last night and that the maids had prepared her, her favourite breakfast. Because of that good mood, she decided to inform her friends on group chat to hangout at the mall or watch movies, only to know that all of them aren't available. Lovi was spending her day with her boyfriend because it was their anniversary, Dennis was having basketball practice, Julie-Anne was catching up with some old friends, and Josh was, well, doesn't really like going out that much.

So that leaves Rhian to do nothing but binge watched netflix series on her laptop and ate 2 large chips. Just then, her father came downstairs with his usual work clothes, who appears to be talking to someone on his phone. Rhian suddenly thought about going with him, since there's nothing else to do. So when her father hanged up on his phone, she approach him.

"Father, mind if I come with you at work?" Rhian asked.

"And why is that?" Mr. Ramos asked as he check something on his phone.

"No reason, I have nothing else to do here and its quite boring." Rhian reasoned out.

Mr. Ramos looked at her, contemplating on whether or not its a good idea for his daughter to come. But then he realize that its a good thing because he knows that one day, she'll be the one to take over his company. "You know what, alright, you can come. In that way, you can know how to manage the company that will be yours in the near future."

"Dad, that's not what I'm gonna-" Rhian was cut off by her father.

"Oh look at the time! Come now, I'll be having a meeting with our trusted investors. So let's go, I don't want to be late." Mr. Ramos said as he look at his watch and ushered Rhian outside.

Upon arriving, the car was immediately surrounded by two body guards, opening the car door for them. Rhian still can't help but marvel at the building. Mr. Ramos quickly went inside the building, to which Rhian had to give the two a quick thank you before she catch up with her father. Luckily, she was able to caught up with him just as the elevator door closes. She let out a deep sigh, catching her breath.

"Still slow huh? Need I remind you that a good business person has to be quick and snappy at all times. Did you forget that?" Mr. Ramos said with his still serious face on.

"No father, it won't happen again." Rhian answered even though its pointless since she doesn't really care about her father's company.

"Good, we don't want someone sloppy running the company." Mr. Ramos said as the elevator door opened and step out. Rhian discreetly roll her eyes.

They walk through the very, very, long hallway, passing through everyone's working table, where almost everybody stop what they were doing. Some greeted her, smiled at her, and yes, gawked at her.

When they approach a wide brown door, Mr. Ramos stop Rhian in her track.

"As much as I want you to join us, one of our investors suggested that we discuss matters privately. You can observe here how the workers do they're job. But if you want, you can also stay at my office. Whatever you prefer. And please behave yourself. Okay?" Mr. Ramos pat her on the shoulder before going in.

Rhian opt to watch the workers. Staying at her father's office would only increase her boredness. The conference room of her father was on the second floor and just outside of it, overlook the whole building. She rest her arms on the railing as she look down at the people working.