02 : Partners

For the next two classes, Rhian spent her time jotting down notes while listening to her professor discuss about their new lessons. After that, came the most favourite time in school of probably half of the student's population: lunch time.

There is nothing more amazing for Rhian than to spend her lunch with her friends. She would always look forward to sitting with them as they all would listen to Julie-Anne gossip about anything she could found about in school. In her circle of friends, Julie-Anne earned the title of Gossip Girl, simply because she never runs out of gossips to tell.

When lunch was over, Rhian waved goodbye to her friends and went first to the comfort room to freshen up. A minute later, she went to her next class.
Upon entering the room, she was greeted by some while others, especially the guys, offered her to play chess with them but she politely declined, saying that she has to review for the quiz and suggested that they do the same. The guys were dissapointed by her response since one of them was dreading to beat Rhian at the game which has no one has ever done, considering that the girl is a pro.

As Rhian scan the room, she caught sight of Glaiza with her headphones on while swaying her head to the beat of music and has her eyes focus on the window beside her. The former shook her head at the other girl's calmness, took her seat and started reviewing.

In the middle of her review, a quick peck was placed on her cheek making her eyes shot up. Her gaze landed on Jason as he sat across from her.

"Hey babe, whatcha doin'?" Rhian scrunch her nose in disgust as she watch him chew his gum rather loudly.

"First of all, don't call me babe, I'm not your girlfriend. Second of all, please chew your gum somewhere else, I can't concentrate with you in front of me." Rhian said in a calm tone, because she don't want to make the guy furious.

However, Jason was not happy about it. He grab Rhian's chin and tilted it towards him until their eye level. "Oh you will be. You know your father approve of me. Just you wait, you'll eventually be mine."

She scoffed. "I won't let that happen. A playboy is not my type. And will never be. I would rather date a pig, than be with someone like you."

Jason gritted his teeth, anger building up in him but gave one last look before releasing the girl's chin forcefully and walk away. Rhian subtly looked around and sighed in relief when she saw that everyone was busy conversing with each other. She don't want to make a scene. Before she could go back to reviewing, the professor walk in.

She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. Thanks to that guy, she didn't finish her review. The professor handed them the test paper and gave a mini speech about the exam, saying that its a major contribution in their grade if they ever pass. After that, the test began.

Rhian bit her lip as she scan the test paper. Oh how she hate math. It made her eyes dizzy, with the numbers and measurements and all of that. But nevertheless, she had review all of their topics a couple of times and was positive that she at least pass the subject. Although some were easy, Rhian was yet again stuck on a complicated problem.

To ease her mind for a minute, she look around the room and based from her classmates' expressions, majority of the class are also stressed out. Just then her gaze fall on Glaiza. The girl has a calm expression on her face and after a minute, she stood up and gave her paper back to the professor. When she went back to her seat, she saw Rhian watching her. She gave off a smirk and a wink which only made the brown-haired girl furious and went back to answering the test.

When the class ended, Rhian went to her locker and took her History book. Just as she was about to close it, a voice from her back was heard causing her head to collide with her locker door, startling her.