21 : Mr. Ramos' Tasks

Author's note:

Just a heads up, this is gonna be a long chapter ahead. Oh, and also some of these parts, are inspired by the movie Candy Jar and Paper Towns. Anyway, happy reading!

¤¤¤

"What the fuck?! That is not true!" Paul shrieked. "Don't listen to him, Julie-Anne!"

"Don't try to deny it, I saw it with my own eyes." Dennis countered.

Julie-Anne turn to Paul with a raised eyebrow and cross her arms. "Well?"

"But I really didn't do-" Immediately, Paul notice Brian by the kitchen and jog up to him, swinging his arm to his shoulders. "If you really don't believe me, ask Brian."

Julie-Anne's gaze went to Brian. "Fine. Tell me Brian, does your friend Paul saves porn videos on his phone?"

"No..." Brian answered, earning a proud smirk from the guy beside him. "But, he has it on his laptop, though."

"What?!" Paul bursted turning to his friend, who has immediately escape from his side and run off to the living room. "No, I do not ha- Brian, you son of a bitch!"

Then proceeded to chase him. Brian laughed as he run circles in the living area. Dennis clutched his stomach, as he too laugh while Julie-Anne shook her head, mumbling out how guys are sometimes stupid.

Rhian, who was sitting by Julie-Anne's side heard what her friend said who clearly didn't find the joke or prank or whatever it is the guys did, funny. She smiled as she saw how cleverly Brian avoid Paul's hands from reaching him, while Dennis kept on laughing so hard, tears are forming from the corner of his eyes.

Soon enough, Rhian's phone began to ring. She stood up and went to the dining area upon knowing that its her father before answering it.

"Hey dad, how's Paris?" Rhian answered enthusiastically. She hadn't spoken to either her mother or her father since the day they flew to another country.

"Rhian what is this that Jason is telling me about you and Glaiza still in a relationship?! I told you to end that silly game of yours!" Her father yelled, making Rhian pull back the phone before she goes deaf.

She rolled her eyes and tried to dismiss the fact that her father didn't call just to check up on them but rather to scold her. "Jason's true on what he said, dad. And I've told you, I'm not ending a relationship with the person I love."

Rhian's father groaned, his voice getting louder. "Rhian, do not test my patience! Do not mess with me, you ungrateful-" Mr. Ramos stops before he says something he'll regret and took a deep breath, calming himself. "You know what, we'll deal with this situation when your mother and I get back. For now, there's far more important issues that we need to address."

"First, I need you to sell all of the remaining boxes of our strawberries to any store you could find and use the money you've earned to pay the workers we have at that mechanic shop we own. God knows, how unsuccessful it is these past couple of months. Also, two of our business partners have betrayed us when they went and stole half of our money and divide it among themselves. I want you to track them down and take revenge. I don't care how you do it, just make sure they suffer."

Rhian huffed. "Can you pick someone else to do all of this? I was the one who payed your debt with my own money and hired more workers for our strawberry factory. I deserve to take a break from doing almost all of your side work."

"I don't want to pick someone else. I choose you so that you'll have enough preparation when you took over our business. I want you to be used in doing numerous works like I did. So stop complaining. Do all the tasks I've said as soon as possible. And get it done." After that, Mr. Ramos hang up.