09 : Proposal

The next day, Rhian avoided her father by all means; no talking, not even eye contact. Not that her father cares anyway. Even though its Sunday and having a day off, her father seems to be still busy with something. So it didn't surprise her when her father didn't instantly apologise to her the moment she came out of her room. She knew that her father was not that kind of a guy. Which was fine to her, since she was still pretty mad at him. Plus her day would also be a very busy one.

Her mother was out because she had to attend an important meeting while Sam has basketball practice so it would only be her and her father.

So after taking a bath from having a sweaty exercise, she put on comfortable clothes and looked at her reminder's chart that was hanging just above her desk table. It seems that she has few quizzes she'll be taking and a lot of performance tasks to be submitted, most of them major.

Well, I guess I should start then.

Rhian decided that she'll be working first on the performance tasks, specifically the ones that are due tomorrow Monday. Then, if she could take it, even the ones that are due in the middle of the week. She was never a fan of cramming, because its really stressful and load-bearing. She's not complaining though, because most of the tasks she's handling now are more on arts and essays, which Rhian excels in.

After that, she took a break and check her phone for any messages. True to her assumptions, she had plenty of unread messages, mostly from her friends. She didn't open any of it, because she knows that they'll be asking how it went with his father and she don't want to deal with it just yet. So instead, she went through her social media accounts and see what's new.

After 30 minutes, she went back to her task. This time, to study for the upcoming quizzes. She only skimmed the important things because she always study her subjects after classes, so it wouldn't be that difficult.

A knock was heard just as Rhian was starting to stack up her books on her desk table. She opened it and saw her maid.

"Lunch is served Ms. Rhian. Also, Sir Jason is here."

"What? Why? When did he arrived?"

"Your father invited him, I suppose. I overheard him talking to someone and said to come over. Guess it was Sir Jason. He just arrived a few minutes ago."

Rhian internally groaned and thanked her before the maid went away.

Great, what are they up to now?

She fixed the remaining books and arranged her projects neatly on the table before she went downstairs.

As she was descending down the stairs, she raised her eyebrow when she saw Jason holding a bouquet of flowers while talking to her father. When Jason's eyes met with Rhian, he stood up and greet her. Rhian approach them and asked why he was here.

"Well, your father invited me..." Rhian tried her best not to roll her eyes. "And ask permission if you and I could go on a date today."

"Of course, I said yes." Her father smiled.

"I'm sorry, but what part of "I don't like you" do you not understand?" Rhian asked.

"Rhian..." Mr. Ramos warned. "Don't start."

"Whatever." Rhian went to the dining room and began to eat. She heard Jason saying in a semi-whispered tone, " Its alright, I guess we could just hang out here inside the house."

Rhian scoffed.

Like I'd hang out with him.

The two joined her and began eating as well. The conversation was poor, because Rhian refused to participate in it, only answering about her academics. Despite Jason's constant questions to Rhian, the brown-haired girl just kept ignoring him.