17 : Interrogation

Rhian's hand frantically tap the nightstand as the familiar sound of her alarm reaches her ears. Feeling the thin metal of her phone, she squinted her eyes and pressed cancel. She sat up and stretch herself, smiling when she felt the warm rays of sun hitting the side of her face. Hearing soft snores, she turn to the sleeping figure on the couch. She smirked when she saw Glaiza on her stomach, her right arm hanging down with her mouth slightly open.

After changing into her workout clothes, she went down to her gym and saw Dennis already there. She decided to take it lightly since she worked a little hard yesterday.

"So," Dennis began. "Jason's here, huh?"

Rhian groaned as she made her way to the treadmill. "Yeah."

"I don't get it. If you don't want him here, why didn't you just, I don't know, push him out of the house or something."

"Oh you don't know how much I wanted to do that. But... he asked my father's permission so that's really not happening."

"So? He's on another country. Your father doesn't have to know that you denied Jason in living here."

"Den, wherever father is, he could still know what I'm up to or what I'm doing. By now, you should know how powerful he is and the connections he has. For all I know, he probably hired someone to stalk my every move."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"Just hope that our plan wouldn't screw up."

¤¤¤

Rhian brushed away a strand of her damp hair when she descended the stairs, immediately noticing that Chynna is quietly sipping coffee by the kitchen counter with Paul and Dennis who seems to be in a some sort of argument.

Before she could ask what was going on, Chynna stop her with a shake of her head as if to say that what the two were talking about was some nonsense.

Rhian agreed as she listened to the two guys banter about who's the more powerful superhero: Superman or Thor. Before Chynna or Rhian could step in between them when things got a little heated, Julie-Anne beat them to it.

"What did I say about you two fighting?" Julie-Anne intervened.

"We're not fighting Juls, there's just a little misunderstanding." Dennis said.

"Yeah, Dennis here misunderstood that Superman is more powerful than Thor, which is false, because it should be the other way around." Paul added. Dennis was about to retort back when Julie-Anne speak again.

"Good, 'cause I'm watching you two." She said, before making her way to the kitchen to make coffee for herself.

Minutes later, the rest have woken up and lounge at the living room. It didn't take long before Jason approach them.

"Hey, did you sleep well last night?" Jason said flashing Rhian a smile.

"Oh I slept splendidly!"

"Yeah, the bed was really comfy."

"It was great."

Was the reply of the three. Rhian stifled her smile when she saw Jason's attempt in hiding his irritating stare with an awkward smile while Chynna, Paul, and Dennis just gave him an innocent smile.

"What about you sweetheart?" Jason asked, turning his attention at Rhian.

"It was good." Rhian replied.

Jason smiled. "That's good to hear. Wanna know how my sleep was last night?"

"Actually I don't-"