18 : Official

"... Yeah, I'll be there... Are you still on your shift?... Perfect! Give me fifteen minutes... Alright! See you!" Glaiza said before hanging up. She put her phone inside her purse and went downstairs.

"Woah, woah! What the rush?" Paul said when Glaiza almost run into him.

"My dad's shift is almost over and I'm going over to visit him and Chloe." Glaiza replied.

"When will you be back? You know, there's a gaming room here and I was hoping you'd like to join me and the guys."

"Oh I think I'll be back after lunch. Don't worry I'll be gaming with you guys later on."

"Nice. Well, see 'ya later. Say hi to uncle for me." Glaiza nodded.

After saying goodbye to Katrina, Josh, and Lovi, who was by the living room watching tv, she went out. The sun was now high up that she needed to squint her eyes, adjusting her sight to the surroundings. She held her umbrella above her head and began walking towards the resort.

She sat down at a table on the corner, across the air conditioner since she felt the sweat trickling down the side of her face and her forehead. While waiting, she kill some time by playing Candy Crush on her phone. A few minutes pass and saw her dad from her peripheral vision with Chloe by his side. Before they could notice her, some of the customers would stop them and talk for a while, some would give them smiles, while others would even pinch Chloe's cheek.

Upon seeing her sister, Chloe beamed and run to give Glaiza a hug. Mr. De Castro smiled at her older daughter and sat down across from her.

"I'm so glad you'd come and visit us, Cha! I missed you!" Chloe said, her face buried at Glaiza's chest.

Glaiza chuckled. "I've missed you too Chlo. Soo..." She started when Chloe pulled away. "How's it going over here?"

"Oh its been wonderful, Glaiza. Baking desserts have been amazing. You know, I was able to create a new recipe that has been added to the menu!" Her father excitedly said.

"Really? What is it?" Glaiza asked.

"Its called the Rolled Ice Cream Waffle Taco. From the name itself, its rolled ice cream stuffed in a waffle that has been sized a taco. And you can choose your own toppings. We only have two flavors of ice cream which are vanilla and chocolate but since it's been a hit, my manager has been thinking of adding more flavors!"

"Dad, that's amazing!"

"Oh! And I'd been helping him too! Right, dad?" Chloe said.

Mr. De Castro chuckled. "Yes, you did. You know Glai, Chloe's kinda also working here. At the beginning, I told her to just stay by the counter and wait for me until my shift ends. But then one day I saw her behind the counter, greeting customers that wanted to order. My co-workers didn't mind though; they said that customers find her amusing. Then one time, after being the first one to try out my new recipe, she suggested that she'll be helping in making it the most sought out dessert in this resort. And she did. The very next day, she gave customers the usual greeting and encourage them in trying my recipe. True to Chloe's words, the rolled ice cream waffle taco had been added to the specialty."

"Wow, you've really been a big help to dad. I'm so proud of you!" Glaiza said pinching Chloe's nose which made the latter giggle. Then she turn towards her dad with a smile. "The both of you."

"What about you? How's it going at your new job?" Her dad was the next one to question.

Glaiza smiled and said that so far it was good. She told him how the cafe was always full and different from her past job, how she mistook wrong orders, and the cafe's famous roasted chicken. She said that he and Chloe should visit it sometime. She also mentioned about how Rhian toured her and the others to the strawberry greenhouses and its factory.