46 : Marriage-Free

Author's note:
Sorry again for the late update. My wattpad app was going crazy and everytime I edit my story offline, there was always an error. Good thing it was already fixed. Anyway, here's an update(shocked to know that it was one of the longest chapter I've written so far). Hope you enjoy it!

¤¤¤

It has only been a day after she left their provincial house and Rhian already badly misses her girlfriend- no scratch that, her ex-fake girlfriend. Even though its partly her fault-alright majorly her fault, she still couldn't help but think about the cute short-haired girl that had managed to capture her heart. She thought back to the last moment she had with Glaiza. The teary and desperate look Glaiza gave her, their shared passionate kiss, and the way the girl clung to her, was permanently etched in Rhian's mind, resulting to yet another stinging sensation piercing her chest.

Before her eyes could glaze again, her name being called pulled her out of her thoughts. She look back at the person she's video-calling and blinked a couple of times.

"Sorry, what were you saying again?" Rhian softly questioned.

Chynna sighed. "I said, we understand your reasons for leaving."

"Yeah, I must say though, this turned out to be more complicated than I thought it would be. With these romantic feelings in the way, things are much harder to deal with now. I mean, it didn't came to my mind that you'd be developing feelings for her. I guess, Glaiza had impacted and affected you that much, huh?" Brian added, his face coming in the view of Chynna's phone.

At the mention of the short-haired girl, she felt another jab in her chest. "Yeah... is she- I mean, how's... Glaiza been doing?"

Chynna and Brian glance at each other with a worried look before the former spoke. "Not really doing great. You leaving really took a toll on her. She's locking herself up in the room, barely eats and talks to us, and she's mostly crying, and sometimes, we hear her occasional pained screams in her room. We tried comforting her but she shut us out. Even Katrina wasn't of much help."

"What about Benjamin?" Rhian blurted out.

"Yeah, he's here. He just came back from his trip with his friends and immediately went straight here when he heard about Glaiza's state. Without a surprise, Glaiza welcomed him and let herself be comforted by the guy. And so far, Ben had manage to calm the crying girl." Chynna replied.

"Oh." Rhian managed to say. Instinctively, she clench her fist at the thought of Benjamin comforting her ex-fake girlfriend.

But who am I kidding? Its my fault Glaiza's in a depressing state, anyway. Besides, its Benjamin whose comforting her. Any boyfriend would do that their lover. So who am I to feel jealous?

"Rhian, do you really think... breaking things off with Glaiza is the solution to your dilemma?" Brian carefully asks. "Do you not... regret your decision?"

Rhian gave a deep sigh before flashing a sad smile. "I'm starting to. I didn't like what my decision has led to, much less the idea of ending things with Glaiza. I've thought long and hard about it, and everytime I came to the conclusion that I'll be leaving Glaiza, really pains me... But really, what choice do I have?"

A week before I broke things off with Glaiza, my parents reminded me that my marriage with Jason is moved to an earlier date, four days after they come back from France. Aside from the fact that it angered me, it also made me panicked. We were still no closer in convincing them and Jason to call off the marriage. Not to mention that my feelings for Glaiza became stronger each day. It was so messed up. But then I thought about Benjamin, and how Glaiza's still in a relationship with him. If I agree to continue with our fake relationship, Glaiza's still has her strings attached to Ben, giving me the mentality that I'd forever be her second option, romantically speaking. I don't think I could endure that much pain. She's still very much in love with him anyway, so who am I to hope that she'll choose me over him?