33 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 1)

Feeling the familiar warm taste of coffee on her tongue, a contented sigh released through Rhian's nose before gazing at the flower-filled garden in front of her. Yesterday's happenings flooded through her mind.

Seeing Glaiza in a tight rashguard had her cheeks warming at the sight, especially when it clinged to her wet body, really highlighting the short-haired girl's feminine toned abs. It took Rhian all her might not to gaze at the girl's abdomen for long. Their moment behind the waterfalls, she couldn't stop staring at Glaiza as she close her eyes peacefully. Still not satisfied with this, she even attempted to kiss her, but decided not to, when she noticed the girl's nervousness, despite that quick second of Glaiza's interest when she glance at the rich girl's lips. Her favorite moment though, was when they shared a long towel to warm themselves. It felt good having the girl close to her like that. Peaceful even.

Hurried footsteps interrupted Rhian's thoughts before the backyard door opened with slight force, revealing a panting Glaiza.

Her gaze immediately landed on the rich girl. "Hey, how we doing? Are all the floats ready? Do you need my help? Like do you need me to go buy you materials? Or do you want me to stay with you? You know what, I'm staying. I'll help you first fix whatever it is that needs fixing and then I'll-"

"Woah, hey, slow down. You're rambling." Rhian chuckled. "But no, I don't need your help 'cause I'm not fixing anything."

"What, you finish earlier? Its like 6:30 in the morning. Damn, how long were you awake?" Glaiza asked.

Rhian giggled. "I woke up 30 minutes ago and all I did was sit here peacefully and sip on my coffee."

"But today's the parade. Aren't you gonna do last-minute fixing on the floats?" Glaiza questioned, to which the rich girl shook her head no.

Glaiza tilt her head and look at the girl weirdly. "Okay, who are you and what did you to Rhian?"

Rhian look at her in amusement. "What? Why is that hard to believe?"

"Uh because the Rhian I know is uptight, an overthinker, a worrisome person, and a perfectionist. So seeing you calmly drinking your coffee and not minding the fact that the parade starts in a few hours, is kinda freaking me out." Glaiza says.

Rhian smiled lightly. "Yeah, well, I'm taking a break from that Rhian. I've been told by this friend of mine that I deserve to rest and relax after doing an amazing work. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Besides, I agree that the floats are already good enough for the parade."

Glaiza smirks putting her hands on the table and lean forward. "Good thing you listened to your smart friend. Tell me, is this friend of yours a cute and gorgeous short-haired girl?"

Rhian mirrored her smirk and leaned in. "Yeah, she's also this cocky person whose ego is sometimes larger than her already large eyes."

Glaiza's jaw slacked. "Okay, I'm gonna let that one slide, 'cause that's... partially true." To which the rich girl shook her head in amusement.

Glaiza sat infront of her. "Kidding aside, I'm glad you took my advice... Well, also slightly disappointed." She sighs. "I woke up earlier than usual thinking that you need help. It didn't help that when I glance down from our terrace, I didn't hear any noise that indicates you're busy. So I hurriedly walk down, almost tripping down the stairs, thinking that you're stressing out with the floats. Man, was I wrong."

"So that explains your messy bedhair and the drool on your lips." Rhian commented.

Glaiza's eyes widened. "What?! Why didn't you say that earlier?!" Before proceeding to wipe the side of her lips. Rhian chuckled before standing and making her way towards the girl.