24 : Attention

Whew! Thank God, I'm done!

Glaiza sighs, swiping the sweat on the side of her face as she took out the gloves from her hands. The cafe was packed up as usual during lunch and the short-haired girl was running around taking orders and delivering foods. When the place slowly died down, she immediately went behind kitchen to wash tons of dishes. And now that she's finished, she couldn't wait to go home and change her sweaty clothes. She hang her apron back and collect her things before she bid farewell to her co-workers.

By the time she reached the main door, she felt her head and face so warm that she thought she's catching a fever. The sun was scorching hot and her dumb self forgot to bring her umbrella, since she was running late to work. Not only that, but her clothes are now sticking to her body, especially her pants, tightly squeeze through her legs that made walking quite uncomfortable.

Stepping inside, she saw some of the guys sitting down by the living area watching what seems to be a basketball game. Their cheers and curses slightly hurt her ears. And among them is her boyfriend. Her eyes lit up and was about to run towards him and jump into his arms, when she saw Jason besides him.

No, I can't. It would raise suspicions. I don't want to give Jason a reason to suspect my relationship with Rhian.

So instead, she made herself known and greeted the guys, whom had barely greeted or acknowledge her back. Benjamin lock eyes with her and almost stood on his feet, when Glaiza immediately shook her head no, looking at Jason's way. Realization dawned on him and frown at that, but still gave an understanding smile to his girlfriend.

She went upstairs to her room and saw the rich girl lying down on her stomach, her side profile facing the short-haired girl, and with what looks like a notebook in front of her. Realizing that Rhian hadn't notice her coming in, Glaiza slowly crept towards her and lean her head close to see what she's doing.

"Whatcha got there?" Glaiza says by the side of Rhian's face. The latter jumped up in shock and rolled to her side, looking at her with wide eyes.

The short-haired girl chuckled when she saw how the girl reacts. "You should've seen your face! It was so funny!"

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" Rhian smack Glaiza by the arm. "You scared me! If you were a stranger, I'd punch you in the face right now!"

"Alright, calm down. Sheesh, I was just messing with you." Glaiza says raising her hands in surrender. "What were you doing anyway? You were so focused that you didn't glance my way when I entered."

Rhian sighs, sitting up. "I was writing poems. I haven't done it for a while, and thought I lost my groove. Good thing, I didn't." She glance at her notebook and frowned a bit. "Aww, and you made me smudge it."

Glaiza sat beside her and watch as she erase a curved line by the last stanza. Not wanting to irritate the girl by reading it, the short-haired girl asks, "All in all, how many poems have you written in that?"

"Hm, this would be my... 35th poem." Rhian answered.

"Wow, that's a lot. You must've had lots of ideas stored in there." Glaiza pointed at the rich girl's head. "And inspirations too. 'Cause you can't do poems without it."

"Yeah, I suppose." The rich girl muttered looking at her, before her nose scrunch up. "You smell funny."

"Oh, yeah, I got it from the cafe. People jammed up in there and, well, I was all over the place. Sorry about that." Glaiza says and stood up, going over her closet, picking whatever shirt and sweatpants her eyes land on. She unbutton her pants and pulled it down.