49 : Bliss

Fingers tapped frantically on her lap as Glaiza's face contorted in nervousness and worry. She's currently sitting by the bench a couple blocks aways from the Ramos' residence. Her legs slightly bounce anxiously as she check her watch for the fourth time.

"Cha, calm down, will you? You're just going to meet with Rhian then off you two go. How hard could it be?" Chynna said through the phone.

"Again, her father had just arrived yesterday from Italy. He had no clue about our plans for today. Though, Rhian texted me earlier that she'll talk to him before we could go... Or not. Who knows? What if he doesn't approve and he'll not let her go?" Glaiza bit her lip in worry.

"Come on, Rhian's not a child anymore to be tied down by her father. Besides, haven't Mr. Ramos already approved of your relationship? I'm sure it would turn out just fine. Don't stress about it too much." Brian reassured.

"Tsk! Don't get your hopes up, Cha. If he denied permission to this valentines date of yours, there's no doubt Rhian would follow her father's command. It wouldn't be farfetched if she cancel your today's plans. You know, because she's a goody-two-shoes and all. She is, after all, daddy's little girl." Katrina added bitterly, her eyebrows creased in irritation is visibly seen on Glaiza's phone.

"Don't be such a pessimist, Kat. Did you forget how Rhian stood up for Glaiza without hesitance to her own father? Rhian love her too much to even let her father ruin their special day today. Erase that mentality of yours that Rhian would hurt Glaiza again because its not gonna happen. They're perfectly happy together. Rhian makes her happy and vice versa. That's all that matters. We've all moved on from the past, Kat." Paul defended softly.

"I'm just being realistic. And I wouldn't be comfortable with Rhian just yet, not unless I can completely guarantee that the rich bitch girl wouldn't hurt my friend the way she hurt her from the past." Katrina countered.

Glaiza sighs. Even after a year of her being with Rhian, Kat still has the cold shoulder towards her girlfriend. She didn't talk to her that much or hangs out with the group whenever Rhian's around. No matter how many times Rhian would reach out, Kat purposely avoided her. Glaiza doesn't blame her though. Kat's resentment towards Rhian go way back, even before Rhian left her for Jason. Kat has been her first friend after her fallout with Rhian during her childhood. She shared to her how their friendship went down the drain, and Kat promise that she'll stay by her side and protect her. So knowing that Rhian yet again hurt Glaiza, the girl's hate resurfaced again. But Glaiza hoped the girl would warm up to Rhian again.

Glaiza's thoughts were interrupted by the vibration of her phone, indicating she's received a message. It was Rhian, telling her that father was okay with their plans and that Glaiza can come into the house. She sighed in relief. She bid goodbye to her friends and stuffing her phone to her pocket before climbing down the car and walked towards the door. She smoothed out her thin, light-pink, v-neck blouse over her slightly large denim jacket, and dusted off her equally denim shorts to make sure she's presentable, even though she's been doing it for the past 10 minutes.

She rang the doorbell, and almost immediately the door opened, revealing her smiling girlfriend. Shooting her an equally charming smile, Glaiza aimed to kiss her cheek, but Rhian tilt her jaw and connect their lips instead. Upon pulling away, she surveyed Rhian's outfit, her smile growing instantly in surprise. Her girlfriend was wearing the mustard, mini sunflower-filled, sundress Glaiza saw last week they went to a mall and thought it would look good on her. She also paired it with cream-colored sandals and white slingbag.

"You look gorgeous, love." Glaiza complimented. Rhian gently pulled on her wrist, kissing her on the nose.

"Hmm, you too baby. Cute as always." Rhian smiled. Glaiza shot her a cheeky smile before someone cleared their throat from behind.