16 : Moving In

After brushing her hair for the last time, Glaiza stood up and glance at the herself on the full-length mirror. She was wearing a red printed shirt tucked in her light blue jeans and a pair of sandals. Applying lip balm on her lips, she took her sling bag and went downstairs.

A sizzle is heard from the kitchen which means that the maids are cooking for breakfast. Before she could ask them if Rhian has woken up, the said girl had walked in, together with Dennis, both sweaty from their morning exercise.

"Oh hey, Glai!" Dennis greeted before noticing her casual attire. "You going somewhere?"

"Yeah, its my first day at the cafe, and I don't want to be late." Glaiza replied.

"What about Chloe? Isn't she coming with you?" Dennis asked

Rhian look at him weirdly."Are you kidding? Of course not! But that's alright, I could handle Chloe while Glaiza-"

"Oh no, Chloe spent the night at dad's. I talk to him about my job and he told me that it would be best if Chloe stays with him. But they would visit here sometimes." Glaiza explained.

"Well, aren't you gonna have breakfast first?" Dennis said.

"No thanks, I'm not really hungry." Glaiza glance at her watch. "Well, I better go now."

The two nodded before Glaiza head out. Walking outside the gate, she stopped and realize something.

Shoot! I forgot how to get there! I don't want to go back and ask Rhian. She'll think I'm an idiot or something . Think Glaiza think...... Wait, the resort! Yes!

Seeing the wide sign of the resort slightly far away, she made her way towards it. Upon getting there, she turn left and walk for a minute before she stop in her track, seeing two paths.

Now what? Damn it, I should've paid attention to directions, Rhian was taking! But in my defence, I was distracted by nature. Yeah, it was all their fault.

Glaiza sighed and look around for someone to ask directions for. But in this early morning, she doubt that there's a single person to-

"Hey get back here!" Someone called. Before Glaiza could turn to see who said that, a body collided with her, resulting to both of them falling on the ground.

Ouch! That hurts!

Glaiza blinked a couple of times, before standing up, brushing off the dirt from her bum and back.

"Please sir, don't do this. I need this to buy myself food. I haven't eaten for three days now." A scrawny-looking old man desperately said to the frustrated-looking guy clutching tightly on his brown, somewhat dirty, shirt.

"I don't care! Just give me that cup if you don't want to get hurt." The latter ordered, his neck craning towards the former's back where he held the cup, keeping it hidden.

"Uh excuse me?" Glaiza interjected. "Sorry to interrupt this... commotion, but can you tell me where the cafe is? The coffee-colored one? The ones with-"

The frustrating guy cut her off, grabbing the man's collar tightly. "Just give it to me okay?! Before I lose my patience!"

When the old man shook his head no, the guy groaned and pushed him hard. The former stumbled down resulting to the cup his holding to crash on the ground, coins clattering and two bill on the ground.

"Hey!" Glaiza immediately went to the old man, and helped him get to his feet. During this, the guy began collecting the money, putting it on the cup. But before he could get the bills, Glaiza beat him to it.