43 : Sudden Changes

Concentrated eyes followed the folded bills of money as the person holding it continued swiftly sliding it to count. Mid-counting, Glaiza slightly jump in surprise when she heard another loud cheers from her boyfriend and his friends by Ben's living room playing video games.

Earlier today, she was persuaded by Ben to come over to his house to just netflix and chill. It was good for 30 minutes, warm and comfortable even. But then, unexpected guests, or in this case, Ben's homies, visited him. Her boyfriend was ecstatic to see them, to the point that she was immediately ignored and felt out of place as they talk among themselves. But Glaiza understands though, she knows that they haven't seen each other for a while.

That is why, she's currently inside Ben's room counting her earned money for both her father and sister's expenses. Right now, she had enough to pay for Chloe's tuition, and later she would eventually pay for it. But she's still no closer in having finances for her father. The hospital had reminded her about her father's hospitalization and had already gave a deadline for her payment which is only one week from now. She made a mental note that later this afternoon, she'll also scout for a potential job, whatever it may be.

Her thoughts were distracted by a vibration from her pocket, signalling a text message. She pull out her phone and instantly a smile graced her face upon seeing that it was from Rhian. But her reaction turn into one of a curious look as she read her message. Without much thought, she collected her things and walk out of the room, finding her boyfriend and his friends' gaze fixed on the tv screen, which are now watching what seems to be a basketball match. Walking towards Ben, she was about to open her mouth to speak when he grab her arm, resulting to drop herself on the lap of her boyfriend.

"Hey baby, glad to see you finally step outside of my room." Ben whispered, by her nape, sliding his arms around her waist. "Hmm, you smell so good."

Glaiza could smell the alcohol on his breath before his mouth made contact with her bare shoulder, as she's wearing an off-shoulder outfit. She froze when she felt his tongue trailed up to her neck and his hands starting to slide up and down her waist and hips.

"B-Ben..."

"You're so lucky, dude." One of Ben's friends commented as he chug on his bottle. "You got yourself a sexy girlfriend."

"Yeah, so, so, sexy." The other guy muttered.

The both of them took another sip of their beer and raked their lustful eyes on the short-haired girl.

"Ben, I-I need to go. There's something Rhian h-have to d-discuss with me." Glaiza stuttered, as she tried to pry away Ben's hands on hers, but the guy only gripped her tighter.

"To hell with her, you're staying with me." Ben mumbled, his sloppy kisses trailing her cheeks before roughly turning Glaiza to face him and giving her a forceful kiss. When his hands went to her chest and groped her bosom, Glaiza instantly felt repulsed.

With all the strength she could muster, she pushed herself away, standing up and almost went towards the door, when Ben's two friends stood across from her.

"Leaving so soon?" The slightly stout guy says.

"Yeah, why don't you stay with us for a while? I promise we'll have fun." The other guy slurred before the two walk unsteadily towards Glaiza. The frieghtened girl had no choice but to walk backwards.

Just as she was about to hit the table behind her, another guy appeared behind the two guys and wrapped his bulky hands on their shoulders, pulling them to him.

"Why don't you leave the poor girl alone and continue our game? Let's have a re-match, and maybe then you losers could eventually defeat me." The sober guy says. The two guys immediately start ranting about being called loser and boasting that they'll definitely win this time.