48 : Tease

1 year later

As soon as Rhian's ears register the sound of her alarm, she instantly bolted from her bed, turn the thing off, and went to grab her phone. She gave first a quick good morning text to her girlfriend Glaiza, even though she knows that it would take the short-haired girl 3 more hours to reply back, due to how a heavy sleeper she is. Then, she went to video call her friends simultaneously. It took her precisely six rings, before one by one, her friends' faces appear, all of which had messy bed hairs, half-lidded eyes, and with an annoyed look on their morning faces.

"Rhian, couz, I mean this with utmost curiosity and politeness, but... what the fuck?" Lovi hissed, keeping her frustration at bay on the prospect of her cousin ruining her sleep and interrupting a very interesting dream.

"You do realize we're not an alien like you and shouldn't be disturbed in an early saturday morning." Julie-Anne added, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"You better have a good excuse Ramos, or I swear to God, when I get there, I'm going to squeeze you into a bear-hug so hard you might end up with a broken rib cage or two." Dennis groaned, his phone waving in different directions as he struggle to sit up from his previously comfortable sleeping position.

"Yeah, what reason could you possibly tell us that's worthy of disrupting our sleep in this ungodly hour?" Josh muttered, trying his best to keep his baby brown eyes from closing.

Rhian ignored her friends' complaints. "Yeah, no, I don't have time to deal with your morning whining, nor do I care. Better get your asses up here by 7:30 and ready with you your fresh ideas, recommendations, and suggestions about tomorrow's special day. Sharp. ASAP. Pronto. Okay? See you!" Then she hung up.

With a determined look on her face, she grab her bathrobe and went to the bathroom. 15 minutes later, she dressed herself into comfortable clothes and went to make herself a bowl of cereal. Nearing her brother's room, she shook her head upon hearing his loud snores. This is what happens when you're a night owl, as opposed to the early bird Rhian.

Finishing her breakfast while sunrise-gazing at her balcony, Rhian went to surf the internet for any ideas. She found very few that might be good and screenshots it, even though it didn't reach Rhian's standards. Upon hearing her bedroom door opening and close, she turn towards it, clearly not bothered by how basic her pissed friends' clothes are, some of it are even crumpled messily.

"Its a good thing I love you or else, I had abandoned our friendship long ago." Julie-Anne says, dropping herself on Rhian's queen-sized bed. The other nodded knowingly.

"Okay, I'm sorry! I just... tomorrow's valentines day and I don't have any special-worthy ideas on how Glaiza and I are going to spend the day tomorrow, nor a special gift I could give. And I-I don't know what to do!" Rhian exclaimed. Her friends look at each other before they turn to her with softened eyes.

Josh sighed. "Fine, what do you got for us so far?"

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

After 2 hours of countless suggestions, phone calls, and final preparations, Rhian's dilemma is finally solved. The only thing she's concern about is whether or not Glaiza would appreciate it. She really hopes her girlfriend would.

Dropping her phone back to her hoodie pocket after another call, she join her friends back and shot them a confuse look when she catch them giggling among themselves.