23 : Feelings?

Sliding the door quietly, Rhian step out the terrace and rest her left elbow on the railing while the other held a warm cup of coffee. She wanted to watch the sunrise on time since she haven't catch it due to her early morning exercise these past few days. And now she decided to take a break from it. But mainly because she woke up from a surprise dream during her sleep.

It wasn't anything scary, just about a certain short-haired girl that is currently asleep inches away from her. Yes, she dreamt of Glaiza. And she remember it very clearly. But it was short, like a passing moment. Glaiza's face was shown and she was smiling. And then, there was her. The two of them standing and facing closer to each other. Suddenly, Glaiza cupped her face and slowly lean in. Rhian's eyes close in anticipation. Just when they were about to do what they're going to do, there was darkness, then Rhian woke up.

Heat rush to her cheeks, just thinking about it. She took a sip from her coffee as she look over the vast greenlands. Over the past few days, the two of them had their fair share of spending some time together. Although most of the times the short-haired girl annoys her, Rhian had enjoyed Glaiza's company, especially when she tell things that made her laugh. She had learn that the girl's attitude hadn't change a bit. She was still the funny and stubborn Glaiza she knows from when they were little kids. From that alone, Rhian realize that she had miss hanging out with Glaiza. Like very much. And it made her glad that they were slowly going back to the way they used to be.

But recently, gladness weren't the only thing she felt. She had been feeling strange things towards the short-haired girl and it sometimes freaking her out. She don't know exactly when or how it had happen but she suddenly become more aware of Glaiza's presence. How she suddenly found herself staring at her, or blush whenever she compliments her. Oh, and just yesterday, they were all in the game room and Glaiza and Paul were playing a racing game while Rhian was just sitting there silently and subtly gazing at the short-haired girl scrunching her eyebrows in concentration. Upon knowing that she won, a victorious smile etched on Glaiza's face, jumping up and down in glee. Rhian swore she felt a warm feeling spread through her chest as she smiled at the short-haired girl's cuteness.

A yawn interrupted her thoughts and turn to see Glaiza approaching her, while rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning." Rhian greeted.

"Morning, Rhi." Glaiza responded stretching her back. Rhian froze for a moment, looking at the short-haired girl. She couldn't believe what she just heard. The word Rhi was the nickname Glaiza had used to call her when they were still little. When they were still close friends.

D-Does this mean... she wanna be... close with me again? Wait, what is this... fluttering feeling my stomach? Huh, maybe I'm just hungry.

"Hey, you alright?" Glaiza interrupted shaking her shoulder slightly.

Rhian shook her head slightly before replying, "Uh, yeah."

The two fell into silence, as they gaze out onto the landscape in front of them. The sun has slowly crept up to the sky, blinding Rhian for a second, when the light hit her eyes. A peaceful feeling came over to her as she took another sip from her coffee. Early mornings are truly one of Rhian's favourites.

When she turn to her side, she found Glaiza already staring at her."W-What?"

"Nothing, uh, do you wanna... head downstairs already and eat?" Glaiza questioned to which Rhian nodded.

While heading down, they heard yelling and curses. The two look at each other before briskly walking down the stairs. The noise was coming from the kitchen so they went there. Upon entering, they saw Brian, Katrina, and Sam arguing.